Account Executive (Remote)
Remote (Global) /
Apollo.io's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies with a built-in fully customisable scoring engine, full sales engagement stack, and deep analytics suite. We empower companies to do more than conduct outreach but also learn who to target, how to reach out, and what to say at speed and scale - help sales and marketing teams identify and convert their most likely potential customers.
We've raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team (Philippines, India, Colombia ++)
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy. We drive growth and success by providing the means for teams to discover and utilise their organisation's best practices.
Your Role & Mission
As an Account Executive, you will support the company's sales and marketing efforts by handling the full sales cycle and persistently nurturing Small and Midsize Business (SMB) leads. Your main responsibilities will be to engage prospects, develop relationships, and conduct compelling presentations of Apollo's product and vision, and lead them to close.
In this role, you'll get to understand the Apollo product and databases better than anyone else in the world and help reach more customers and empower them to do more through the use of Apollo. You get to help shape our customer experience and build a world-class sales organisation, focused on the success of our clients and this data-driven platform aimed at being the foundation of a company's go-to-market strategy.
You will educate the prospective clients on the product information and qualify leads. You are expected to be self-motivated and confident in conversing with a range of companies and audiences from c-level executives to individual contributors while achieving realistic monthly targets in a consultative sales role.
You are curious and able to adapt to a fast-paced changing environment
You showcase sense of urgency, you do not put for tomorrow what you can accomplish today
You are career oriented and have a desire for ongoing growth
You are self-driven and motivated and it materialises in your everyday outcomes
You have a positive, proactive approach and the ability to work towards targets while having the ability to absorb technology concepts and product updates and information
Available to work preferably during GMT-7/-6 (Eastern Standard Time/Central Standard Time) business hours.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a resourceful Account Executive to add to our talented sales department. Your responsibilities would include:
- Engage prospects, develop relationships, and manage the entire sales lifecycle
- Lead compelling presentations of Apollo’s product and vision to SMBs. Prepare by researching accounts prior to meetings and execute meetings set seamlessly
- Salesforce operations: product discovery, follow up tasks (recaps to the conversation), sending contracts, setting up accounts and closing deals
- Develop expansion opportunities from our existing customer base and land new target accounts.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities.
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles.
- Become an expert on sales, sales strategy and sales development best practices.
- Close net new accounts while up-selling our existing SMB customers.
Skills & Relevant Experience
- You have 1-2 years of Top-tier or Business-to-Business (B2B) sales experience preferably in the IT Computer Software industry.
- You have a strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and able to showcase it with ease.
- You have the ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process, and are hungry to close deals and help customers solve their pain points.
- You have utilized Salesforce, Outreach Salesloft, Zoominfo or other similar tools. (Nice to have)
Opportunities to Progress in your Career
We’re growing the team and scaling how we operate. So, some likely future career moves for you would be:
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager
- Account Manager (expansions and renewals)
- Manage Strategic Partnerships
- Revenue / Sales / Success Ops
- Product Marketing
- Customer Marketing
- Customer Enablement
As we are scaling our company, we are committed to providing the best possible environment for our team. Not only do we offer a competitive salary and benefits, informal, fun, and remote working environment, but we also ensure that our team is constantly learning and following best practices as they advance in their careers. A forward thinking company that believes in hiring A-Players and giving them the guidance, coaching and autonomy to maximise impact and work towards their career goals.
Our work environment is highly diverse with a global remote team, and we are intentional in building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest engagement software available and we're building a long-term company, and we want you to be a part of that growth and help scale the organisation and its talent!
If this type of work sounds interesting to you and you have the necessary experience and qualifications, - please apply and we hope to talk to you soon!