Customer Success Specialist (Remote)
Remote (Global) /
Apollo.io's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies, and our software helps sales and marketing identify and convert their most likely potential customers. We've raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
Your Role & Mission
We’re looking for a Customer Success Specialist who will be a core contributor to building a world-class support organisation. Our ideal candidate is someone who truly cares about client success, that can qualify customers, is technically savvy, and has experience teaching and troubleshooting software, and qualifying leads to close and help them moving forward to the activation stages.
This person will be responsible for managing customer support requests via chat. In this role, you will be qualifying customers that come asking about the platform, and effectively resolve customer support requests using email, chat, and phone with ownership and excellence. You will guide them through out the purchase and influence their buying decision to eventually book qualifying demos for the account executives.
As a Customer Success Specialist, you can exemplify solid sales and communication skills in order to drive qualified leads into the sales pipeline. You must have a proven track record in providing customers product information, help solve their queries, while having the initiative to add real and positive changes to the business and the support and sales process.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Curiosity and willingness to test and replicate customer's issues.
- Sense of ownership, a desire to work closely with customers in sometimes tough situations
- Highly tech-savvy, using his/her skills in order to take advantage of the tools in place.
- High active reading and listening to manage and effectively resolve customer support requests using email, chat, and phone with ownership and excellence.
- Dependable, going above and beyond your job description to ensure our customers love us!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to explain concepts clearly and concisely as well as translate into customer-friendly language, complex technical knowledge.
- Sociable and able to built successful relationships with all types of customers
Roles & Responsibilities
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex customer issues with ownership.
- Provide a fast and accurate answer to the customer's throughout the entire chat
- Responds to a customer's inquiry within 1 minute (routed chat)
- Handle customer cancellation and renewal inquiries
- Proactively engages with customers based on the support strategy if required(proactive chat) To help them moving forward to the activation stages
- Escalate unresolved issues that require more in-depth knowledge to a further Tier (via email) with all the required information to ensure the issue gets resolved.
- Jumps on calls or uses chat to onboard customers from low segments with no CSM assigned.
- Finds and defines the use case of every customer to help with strategy the success of every use case.
- Goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction and success at all times throughout the chat
- Educates customers and employees at the best of their capabilities to optimize their results based on Apollo's strategies
- Makes customer's voices heard by delivering all the feedback and recommendations to our Product Team and parties related creating tickets from the chats.
- Understands the Apollo product and databases better than anyone else to contribute constructively to every situation that a customer or employee encounters.
4.5/ 5.0 of Satisfaction Scores (Chat)
95% of satisfaction scores (email)
100% of queue tickets handled Perfectly
100% of escalations to tier 2 with clear information and complete notes
1 minute response time for incoming chats
100% of tickets followed up.
Potential Candidate Profiles
Self-starting all-star who can be a coach to our customer base to ensure they’re finding success with Apollo.
Excellent English communication skills (fluent or native)
2+ years of experience in customer support, customer success, sales, account management, or very similar
Self-starter, entrepreneurial, hungry, passionate and tech-savvy
Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
A desire to work closely with customers in sometimes tough situations
-Experience with Salesforce.com, Zendesk, and technical chat experience
You pride yourself on being patient, a problem solver, ambitious, proactive/assertive, and dependable to follow through.
Empathetic to customer needs, working to understand the questions that customers ask and why.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Able to explain concepts clearly and concisely.
Opportunities to Progress in your Career
Apollo is a Y-Combinator backed startup at the forefront of Silicon Valley/B2B SaaS best practices. Originally built by 3 founders (from Harvard, MIT, and Berkeley), the team has a long history of being highly collaborative, encouraging, and growth-minded. Our team is laser-focused at growing and developing our Customer Support Specialists into our future leaders at Apollo or other Silicon Valley companies.
We’re growing the team and scaling how we operate. So, some likely future career moves for you as CS Specialist would be:
Senior Customer Support Specialist
Customer Success Manager
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, informal, fun, and remote working environment, and ensure that our team is constantly learning and following best practices as they advance in their careers. We're a company that believes in hiring A-Players and giving them the guidance, coaching and autonomy to maximize impact and work towards their career goals.
If this type of work sounds interesting to you - please apply and we hope to talk to you soon! :)