Sr. Front-End Software Engineer (Remote)
Remote (Global) /
Apollo.io's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies, and our software helps sales and marketing identify and convert their most likely potential customers. We've raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
Your Role & Mission
Our tech stack is React/Redux/NodeJS on the front end, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Python/MongoDB/Elasticsearch on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform in infrastructure.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Ability to take ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct
- Confident in owning your role, and bringing creative ideas to the hands of our users
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant; your best days at work are in front of the computer cranking out code on your own.
- You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, back-end, analytics, as well as teams outside of Engineering; you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems.
- You strive for quality, and are obsessed with automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through.
Skills and Relevant Experiences
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in frontend development, at least 1-2 years in senior positions, developing large-scale applications
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Mastery of at least one modern front-end framework, such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Front End technical expertise, strong UX and product sense with the ability to negotiate the right MVP
- Has clear & proactive communication, not afraid to give their opinion and help the team improve their abilities
- A creative and innovative problem solver & previous experience working in an agile, startup environment
Great to Have
Experience building a large, scalable web application
Experience working on an enterprise/SaaS application
Experience with front end libraries and tools, such as Lodash, Sass, Webpack, Gulp, Jest, and Cypress
Experience with Ruby on Rails
Experience in Chrome Extension development
Experience building responsive UIs
This is a remote position available from anywhere in the world. Please apply ONLY if you meet the minimum requirements.
What You'll Love about Apollo:
As we are scaling our company, we are committed to providing the best possible environment for our engineering team. The less time our engineers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest engagement software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as your work is aligned with your goals.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.