Sr. Growth Product Manager
Remote (Global) /
Apollo's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built an integrated platform for predictive prospecting, sales engagement, and actionable analytics. The platform learns from your client data and uses our database of 200M contacts and 10M companies to recommend the next best action for sales and marketing individuals to take in order to close more business.
We're a profitable and growing Series A company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a strong worldwide remote team with over 6,000 signups per week on our free platform, and over $10 million raised from investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital.
Your Role & Mission
As a Sr. Product Manager on the Growth team, you will be responsible for helping to build, prioritize, and execute on an experimentation roadmap with the goal of increasing WAU for a core business unit - primarily by improving Retention (Activation + Engagement) and Virality. You will report to the Head of Growth and partner intimately with the Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations organizations.
- Own the unification of our new user onboarding process, with the goal of improving W2 Retention by 50% by Month 6.
- Own Monetization of our Free Users, with the goal of improving % Conversion of Free WAU by 30% by Month 6.
- Own our Acquisition Surfaces including our Marketing Website, Product-Led SEO, and Virality, with the goal of improving # Qualified Signups / Month by 100% by Month 12.
- Work with our Director of Growth Marketing to implement notifications in-app and via email.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, and marketing to execute on growth strategies.
- Build a pipeline of experiments to run for your core surfaces, prioritize by impact, and lead execution from start to finish to rapidly generate learnings.
- Establish and measure success metrics for each experiment, and document your learnings to help guide & inform future experiments.
- Consistently integrate quantitative and qualitative data into essential decisions.
- Write detailed user stories & product requirements, and sketch wireframes for new product experiments that balance customer needs with business objectives.
- Perform competitive research and best practice research before running experiments in new areas.
- Align your growth strategy to company goals and drive positive business outcomes.
- Experimentation-oriented, and able to take a data-driven, structured, scientific approach to any challenge starting from inception through the execution and post-mortem stages.
- Moves quickly and improves iteratively to optimize for learning velocity.
- Voracious learner, constantly trying to learn best practices & growth strategies via research and leverage quantitative and qualitative data to better understand our users.
- High bar for excellence, and willing to take on ownership, keep yourself accountable, and go above and beyond to get results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to establish key metrics, perform basic analysis, and tell compelling stories through data interpretation.
- Organizational skills and diligence to manage multiple experiments, write high-quality PRDs, document learnings, and document best practices.
- Exceptional at collaboration; you move quickly towards growth goals but are a team player who interfaces well at all levels.
- Self-starter with a growth-mindset and ability to lead projects with a high level of autonomy.
Expert product instincts and design sense and ability to balance user and business impact to create strong user experiences.
- Highly interested in Growth / Growth Marketing - we like to push each other to stay at the cutting edge of our field
- Relevant Growth experience at a SaaS company.
As a Sr. Growth Product Manager at Apollo, you will be responsible for the following top-level metrics
Growth Team Values
Be a Voracious Learner
Learning is embedded into the DNA of our Growth team. The core of what we do is to continuously run experiments to learn more about how to move the metrics that drive the highest impact to the company. Additionally, as individuals we are curious and naturally driven to constantly learn and share best practices and research about product, marketing, sales, our users, our market, our competitors, etc.
Don't Ship to Ship, Ship to Maximize Impact on Key Metrics
Every experiment that we run on the Growth team is calculated, and we must make sure that we are intentional with our decisions by proposing, prioritizing, and delivering Product initiatives by working backwards from the metrics that have the highest potential to impact the business given the resources that we have.
Push the Envelope
Be a curious, bold, and aggressive. We're a team of owners, and we're eager to share and hear ideas and opinions on how to improve things.
Raise the Bar, Together
Our team members are constantly striving to improve not only themselves, but each other. We know that if we help each other become better in our roles, we will continuously up-level the caliber of the Growth team and inevitably be wildly successful.
Optimize for Learning Velocity
When working on new initiatives, optimize for gathering the most learnings as quickly as possible.
Everyone that you work with is human. Understand them, their goals/desires, and how they like to work with others if you want to excel at collaboration.
Be Open, Honest, and Constructive
Stay open-minded to the thoughts and opinions of others. Only communicate with honesty to increase trust and minimize confusion. When feedback is given, try to be constructive so that we can all build each other up rather than just pointing out generalized negative/positive things about each other.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, informal, fun, and remote working environment, and access to all Reforge programs to help ensure that our Growth team is constantly learning and following best practices as they advance in their careers. We're a company that believes in hiring A-Players and giving them the guidance, coaching and autonomy to maximize impact and work towards their career goals.
Our work environment is highly diverse with a global remote team, and we are intentional in building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from everyone and egos are left at the door. We're building a long-term company, and we want you to be a part of it! If this type of work sounds interesting to you - please apply and we hope to talk to you soon! :)