Amsterdam or Nairobi /
About Apollo Agriculture:
Apollo Agriculture is the commercial farming platform that helps small-scale farmers maximize their profits. Apollo’s ML-powered credit models and automated operations technology unlock the massive, untapped small-scale farming market, starting in Kenya. With optimized financing, high-quality farm products, and digital advice, Apollo farmers are already more than doubling their farm profitability. Apollo’s team brings together technology, credit and operations experience from The Climate Corporation (acquired for USD $1 Billion), Google, Capital One and One Acre Fund. We value evangelical pursuit of mission with a pragmatic approach, humility in the face of challenge, active discussion of disagreements, and considerate listening.
About the Role:
Apollo Agriculture is seeking a Product Manager to help us change how African farmers access farm inputs, credit, and customized advice. We are looking for someone to help design and drive our product strategy as we scale. The ideal candidate rapidly assimilates new information, forms and expresses sound strategic judgements, motivates everyone around them, and is equally comfortable defending their opinion as admitting when they are wrong.
Note: title may vary depending on candidate's experience level with product management.
Your Day to Day
- Help design and execute our product strategy and technology roadmap in close coordination with Apollo’s Head of Product and key stakeholders across Apollo
- Rally people across the organization to deliver high-quality products, on time, for our customers
- Work closely with our operations teams and learn from our customers in the field to develop technology that dramatically increases our operational efficiency and positions the business for radical scale
- Transform ideas into clear, functional product features and work with our engineers to ensure projects are managed efficiently and features are built to spec
- Examples of areas you might lead: designing a marketplace to help farmers sell their produce in an easy and transparent way; building a fantastic user experience for our customers across communication platforms including voice, sms and smartphone; designing products that empower our customers to invest on their farms and maximize their profits
- Rapidly assimilate new information and turn it into clear strategic judgements with sound logical reasoning
- Understand the implications of today’s design decisions for future scale and intuitively “see the forest for the trees”
- Are a considerate listener who takes the time to deeply understand customers, teammates, and partners
- Have demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment (not necessarily as a PM);
- Excited to overcome challenges and change the world for the better at massive scale
- Are technically fluent and excited about having a technical conversation with an engineer
- BONUS Have built working software and/or are comfortable using SQL
- BONUS Are experienced in one of these areas: farming, consumer app development, Mobile UI/UX
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package including equity
To apply, please submit your resume and a 500 word response to the following prompt: Describe a time in your work experience where data proved that your prior beliefs/expectations were incorrect. What happened?
Note: applications without a short answer will not be considered.