Mobile Software Engineer - iOS
US and Canada time zones (remote) /
Help us build the best possible iOS/Swift client library and tooling for GraphQL, share ideas with both the GraphQL and Swift communities, and collaborate with other companies on projects to move GraphQL forward. Join the Apollo Client team to develop new features, share ideas, and build state of the art client libraries for real teams using GraphQL in production. We are an open source company — our products are built for developers, by developers, with the help of a worldwide community of contributors.
We're on a mission to make product development as fast, easy, and productive as possible, and we're excited about GraphQL as it makes code faster to write and easier to understand. GraphQL was created to solve mobile development pains, and we want to revive those beginnings and change how mobile applications are built.
What you'll do
- Help architect, build, and document awesome new features for the Apollo iOS SDK, taking advantage of the latest Swift features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to shape the roadmap for future development of the SDK and related tooling.
- Listen to developers and customers, understand their needs, and represent them in the Apollo project roadmaps and issue lists.
- Work closely with contributors to merge pull requests and help new people get engaged in the project.
- Engage with teams using Apollo iOS to improve their experience using the Apollo GraphQL Platform.
- Collaborate with the maintainers of community GraphQL libraries, GraphQL server implementations, and other relevant technologies on proposed standards, feature ideas, and pull requests that advance the ecosystem.
- You're excited about GraphQL and Apollo!
- You have multiple years of experience architecting, developing and shipping native mobile apps, frameworks, and/or libraries in Swift.
- You have a solid understanding of GraphQL concepts.
- You have general knowledge of the overall Apollo GraphQL ecosystem, ideally with experience using Apollo iOS.
- You have a strong love of open source software and you enjoy helping people, having collaborative design discussions, and talking about your work, both online and in person.
- You have a positive, transparent communication style, and a “rising tide lifts all boats” mentality.
- You know how to work with a team to make realistic estimates, manage schedules, and delivery expectations.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $188,000 - $235,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and country.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US or Canada.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.