Apollo is building tools that help product developers build and ship innovative experiences to their customers. We’re at the heart of a significant shift in web and mobile application development. We're building the tools needed to develop a data graph in productive and efficient ways, making your system's data both easier to work with internally and easier to access for use cases beyond just development.
As a Visual Designer at Apollo, you’ll work closely with cross-functional teams from around the company to translate business needs into design work that is functional and appealing. Marketing Design at Apollo is still a relatively new function. You will play a role in helping to define the discipline, creating foundational components for our branding kit, and owning the design of campaigns, events, social media releases, and more!
What you will do
- You’ll report to the Design Manager and also closely partner with other company stakeholders.
- Work closely with Developer Experience (DX) and Marketing partners representing Design at Apollo, providing and seeking feedback, and participating in planning.
- Contribute to the design and documentation of new styles and components for Apollo’s branding kit.
- Deliver high-quality work for Apollo by capturing requirements, creating low and high-fidelity design comps, and working with stakeholders to deliver assets in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with the Design Manager to define new processes that drive efficiency in working with the Design organization.
- You have an excellent portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, visual design and interaction design. Additionally, you have case studies that demonstrate the lifecycle of design and your impact.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with different teams to develop strategies and rationale for new concepts and design directions.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can adequately explain design decisions and rationale grounded in design and usability principles, even to team members who do not share that background.
- You’re an excellent facilitator, guiding the team through ideation and the natural ambiguity that occurs when defining a new idea.
- Bonus, but not required: you have experience working with remote teams and can effectively communicate and contribute in a highly distributed environment.
This position can be done from anywhere in the continental US.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.