Account Executive, Partnerships (Personal Lines)
Partnerships – Business Development /
APOLLO is Canada’s largest digital-first insurance company. Our platform launched in 2019 and offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We reduce what is commonly a painful weeks-long process into simple and immediate digital fulfillment.
We are a team of empowered and driven individuals who have the desire to build a great company and be at the forefront of disrupting a $5 trillion dollar industry. This position offers a chance for the right candidate to make a significant impact and work alongside a tight-knit, energized team focused on one thing - innovation.
About the Role
The Account Executive is a key member of the Retail Partnership team. They are responsible for the research and prospecting of potential partnerships aligned with our personal lines insurance portfolio, including: Renter’s Insurance, Student Tenant’s Insurance, Homeowner’s Insurance and Condo & Townhouse Insurance. This is a great opportunity for a sales-minded producer to make an impact with a fast-paced, high-growth environment!
Note: Occasional travel will be required for this role to meet with clients/partners
- Owning partnership execution and performance in your industry verticals with prospective partners, while exploring & evaluating opportunities for revenue growth within existing partners.
- Building, managing and tracking sales opportunities and activities in order to execute Partnership deals through a portfolio of clients aligned with APOLLO’s personal insurance products.
- Enable client success through effective communication, personalizing APOLLO’s value proposition as it relates to each prospective partner, and setting the stage for prospect follow-up.
- Creating lead flow from our partners through marketing initiatives including email campaigns, social media campaigns, and engaging with partners’ marketing departments.
- Provide the highest levels of personal leadership and accountability and be an essential partner in ensuring the Company meets its revenue targets and carrying a personal quota.
- Supporting and collaborating with the partnerships team in consistently meeting and exceeding targets to build a robust sales pipeline.
- Utilize CRM workflow (HubSpot) in your day-to-day along with Seamless AI, Linkedin Sales Navigator and other sales software.
- Other duties as required to support the collaborative nature of our team.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a sales/business development role.
- B2B Affinity/Programs Sales experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of tenants & property management industry.
- A passion for sales and working in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of G-Suite products & CRM software for partner performance tracking.
- Exceptional relationship management skills, including comfortability speaking with people in executive level positions.
- A creative, candid and tenacious contributor who has a high degree of integrity and a strong desire to succeed.
Bonus points if you...
- You have experience using Hubspot
- You possess an insurance broker license
- You have previous experience with a technology (Saas) and/or insurance company
We’re humbled to have won multiple awards including including Insurance Business Canada’s 5-Star Professional Liability Award 2022, Top Insurance Employer 2022, Digital Innovator of the Year 2021, Top Insurance Employer 2021, ICTA’s 2021 Technology Award, and LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2021.
The APOLLO values: Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire.
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. If your values align with ours, you’ll fit right in!
Benefits & Perks
Competitive salary & Bonus
Development programs & Licensing Support
Company social events
Extended Medical, Dental and Vision care
Monthly Wellness Benefits
Autonomy, growth, and the ability to make an impact
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Mostly remote anywhere in Canada
APOLLO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and embrace our diverse, inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We’re committed to developing and maintaining a culture rooted in our core values, that is supportive and respectful of all backgrounds and perspectives.
APOLLO is committed to providing an accommodating recruitment process. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.