E-Commerce Marketing Director (Remote)
Marketing & Public Relations – Marketing /
APOLLO is Canada’s largest digital-first insurance company. Our platform launched in 2019 and offers the largest selection of insurance for Canadian tenants and small businesses. We reduce what is commonly a painful weeks-long process into simple and immediate digital fulfillment.
We are a team of empowered and driven individuals who have the desire to build a great company and be at the forefront of disrupting a $5 trillion dollar global industry.
This position offers a chance for the right candidate to make a significant impact and work alongside a tight-knit, energized team focused on innovation.
We’re humbled to have won multiple awards including including Insurance Business Canada’s 5-Star Professional Liability Award 2022, Top Insurance Employer 2022, Digital Innovator of the Year 2021, Top Insurance Employer 2021, ICTA’s 2021 Technology Award, and LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2021.
We are looking for a sharp and innovative E-Commerce Marketing Director who can take a data-driven, analytical approach to engaging with our various B2B and B2C audiences. The ideal candidate will collaborate with stakeholders from across the company to optimize e-commerce and purchase flows.
Success will be measured on impacts to top line revenue, customer lifetime value, customer acquisition costs, and audience and market growth. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced e-commerce leader who is excited to address real customer needs with digital insurance products. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, have a track record of bringing creative solutions to your work, and have the desire to lead an industry forward with a high performing team, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establish best practices for e-commerce conversion and drop off points in the upper and lower funnel
- Lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of CRM marketing lifecycle campaigns.
- Create framework to continuously monitor and optimize campaigns to ensure alignment with business strategy and priorities.
- Work closely with our Partnerships team to implement scalable campaigns to drive conversions.
- Manage PPC and SEO initiatives and campaigns.
- Prepare regular reporting and identify key insights to share with senior management.
- Identify and manage customer targeting and segmentation strategies and maintain list health and performance.
- Contribute and provide best practices on how to use content and community to drive the right audience into our ecommerce funnel (eying how to convert them).
- Merchandising of insurance products (including how we describe and position our products for e-commerce).
- Optimize the purchase experience and user journey for conversion.
- Cross-selling other products (like financial products) to our user base.
- Partner closely with Marketing, Sales, Technology, Partnerships and Product teams to optimize our e-commerce and purchase flows.
- Stay ahead of all emerging media, technology and platforms in the digital, CRM and e-commerce space to ensure we are leveraging new tactics and ideas in the optimal manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Seasoned professional in the digital retailing market, with both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of ecommerce tactics and technologies.
- Must be a data expert with the ability to interpret data and draw conclusions to implement new e-commerce strategies.
- Proven leader with experience managing teams, collaborating cross-functionally and executing large e-commerce projects.
- Demonstrate strong business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate the highest impact initiatives.
- Proven success developing, executing, and maintaining sophisticated digital e-commerce brand strategies with a focus on near and mid-term growth.
- Minimum of 5+ yrs of experience management / leadership role.
- SaaS experience.
- Experience in the Insurance or Financial Services Sector.
- Experience with SMS marketing, and other marketing technologies.
The APOLLO values: Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire.
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. If your values align with ours, you’ll fit right in!
Benefits & Perks
Competitive salary & Bonus
Development programs & Licensing Support
Company social events
Extended Medical, Dental and Vision care
Autonomy, growth, and the ability to make an impact
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Mostly remote anywhere in Canada
APOLLO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and embrace our diverse, inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We’re committed to developing and maintaining a culture rooted in our core values, that is supportive and respectful of all backgrounds and perspectives.
APOLLO is committed to providing an accommodating recruitment process. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.