Admissions Specialist I (SDR)
Sales – Admissions /
App Academy is building world-class training programs that help students from all backgrounds transition into careers in software development. In March 2021, App Academy was named one of America's 500 Best Startup Employers by Forbes. We have been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Bloomberg as a driving force behind the changing face of tech education in America. Our unique model — we defer tuition until our students graduate and secure jobs afterwards — aligns us with the success of our students.
About the Role
Do you want to revolutionize the way people learn? As a remote Admissions Specialist, you’ll play an integral role in guiding prospective students through the admissions process. You’ll be the primary contact for applicants and will be responsible for answering questions, preparing students for pre-work, and optimizing conversion to enrollment. The day to day work of this role is instrumental in helping prospective students change their life by getting accepted into App Academy. You will manage a large group of inbound leads and utilize a variety of channels including phone, email, and other methods (we welcome experimentation) to develop relationships with applicants and assist them through the admissions process. The Admissions Specialist will need to be an expert on App Academy’s offerings, understand the competitive landscape, and be able to articulate App Academy’s value propositions.
- Guide new and existing leads from application to enrollment. Answer questions, prepare students for pre-work, and build relationships with students from conversion to enrollment
- Be the expert on App Academy’s offerings. Represent App Academy and serve as the main point of contact for applicants during the admissions process
- Track and analyze key metrics to both optimize the admissions funnel and improve applicant's experience
- Find creative and new ways to drive enrollments (information sessions, webinars, meetups, events, workshops, etc)
- Continue to develop processes and systems to improve the admissions and enrollment process.
Experience & Qualifications
- 1+ year experience as a sales development, customer service or similar role
- You are comfortable cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential students each day
- You are an expert communicator. You are patient, personable, and can communicate with a variety of people from different walks of life
- You are organized and able to prioritize tasks and deadlines
- You are able to be flexible and manage competing priorities
- You feel confident using programs like Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn, GSuite apps and Zoom
- You have a bias for action, take ownership, and deliver results consistently
- You welcome challenges, set ambitious goals, and have a disciplined approach to accomplishing themYou are self-motivated and persistent with a go-getter attitude
- You strive for self improvement and view feedback and coaching as a way to continually grow
- You are a fast learner who can retain a lot of information.
- You are excited to become an expert on all things related to App Academy, and to share it with others
- Take responsibility for student success -- Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers -- Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset -- View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why -- See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment -- We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency -- Our products positively change lives.
- Salary Disclosure: We at App Academy feel passionately about pay transparency, as it supports candidates in receiving equal pay for equal work. The compensation range for this position includes a base salary range of $50,000- $55,000, as well as variable compensation. (Note: salary ranges apply to U.S. based applicants only)
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- 401K company match
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
App Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We believe strongly that technology companies benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.