Mobile Implementation Engineer
We’re building a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact helping customers build something their customers will love. You’ll be empowered to put customers first. Support is more than just spending your time hammering away at a queue—it’s making help even easier to come by, and anticipating the needs and questions of our customers before they have them.
This is an opportunity to accelerate the growth on a winning team. In this role, you'll work hand-in-hand with our product and customer success teams, ensuring we advocate for all customers. You'll be responsible for all things mobile implementation-related within the Appcues ecosystem. Whether it means helping sales with potential leads or popping into the queue to assist support in debugging tricky installs, you'll be the first point of contact for getting Appcues mobile implemented and setup. You're technically astute, curious, and experienced when it comes to mobile development.
Every person on the support team spends 20% of their time out of the queue, working on initiatives and projects to help propel our support strategy into the future. You will be no different. You'll become an essential voice for our mission and drive happiness for customers and our audience at large both in and out of the inbox.
Your impact at Appcues will include:
- Handling any email tickets about installation issues or problems with flows related to incorrect installation.
- Handling any tickets related to passing through events or user properties
- Setting up calls with prospects if there's a need to discuss installation or debug/troubleshoot a problematic installation
- Having calls with prospects that want to talk about passing through events or user properties.
- Debugging issues with styling and design. Any issues that come through from prospects or customers related to styling their new flows will go to you.
- Triaging technical tickets before sending them on to our weekly technical specialist.
- Driving install calls with new customers.
Your typical day might include:
- Analysis: You’ll start your day by taking a look at both your individual and the collective inbox to see if there are trends to dive into or report before starting the day.
- Prioritization: You'll prioritize tickets and start working through the days issues. This includes going through scheduled calls and engaging with our Sales and Success teams to see if there's any way to lend a helping hand.
- Execution: You can expect that ~70-80% of your time will be dedicated to supporting our customers both in the inbox and through external projects during your time out of the queue. Most of your time will be in our help desk or on calls, working to better understand customer troubles and making improvements. We do make sure that every support team member gets 8 hours out of the queue every week.
- Collaboration: The rest of your day might be spent conversing and collaborating with customer success and our product team members to ensure we’re always prioritizing customer needs and sharing insights.
- Delight: You'll put customers first always. This could include doing spontaneously nice things like sending care packages, making the occasional in-person visit with donuts in hand, or even sending an edible arrangement to a customer’s team.
You might be a fit if:
- You’re technically astute in the technologies listed below and would be excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works. Our customers use different web technologies and you should want to understand the basics of how they work.
- Familiar with mobile building environments like XCode
- 1+ years of testing Apple App Store mobile apps
- Basic coding experience with Swift, Objective C, and React Native
- Strong UI functional testing skills and experience testing iOS apps
- You’re an A+ listener and communicator. You can synthesize feedback and be the voice of the customer to help your teammates become better marketers, designers, builders and more. You’ll also be eager to spend your days speaking with customers on the phone, via email and through chat.
- You love building new processes and developing playbooks from scratch. Our team is small and new, but with that, you'll have the autonomy to help make everything here better.
- You’re driven and goal-oriented. With so much freedom and autonomy, it can be difficult to stay focused. We look for teammates who constantly strive towards the prize on the day-to-day basis.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help other people.
Founded in 2013 in Boston, MA, Appcues is a user experience layer that accelerates growth for companies by helping them create amazing product experiences. Ones that are seamless, stickier, and more intuitive than ever before. With Appcues, any company that is investing in its product can make it more usable and feature-rich for customers.
We’re a friendly group of ambitious people who believe the best work environment is one that is meaningful, challenging, and built on openness, autonomy, and collaboration.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse team is a stronger team.