Software Engineer (Backend)
Appcues is a SaaS business dedicated to helping our customers build products their users love. We offer a suite of products and services that let our customers design and publish user experiences, product tours, and flows to their sites with a simple, code-free interface.
Behind this product is a scalable platform for real-time, in-app user communication with single-digit latencies and four-nines reliability. And behind that platform is a team of dedicated, pragmatic, nuts-and-bolts engineers making the whole thing work.
We're looking for a few great platform engineers to help Appcues make 2019 another hockey-stick year, and beyond.
A backend software engineer at Appcues:
- Provisions, tunes, and maintains data persistence layers such as DynamoDB, Postgres, Redis, S3, Firebase DB, Redshift, etc.
- Measures, monitors, and ensures the performance and availability of the Appcues platform.
- Configures and automates system testing and deployment in the AWS and Google clouds.
- Integrates dozens of external SaaS products into Appcues services.
- Is committed to the privacy and security of customers' and end users' data.
- Works with customers directly for integration, support, and occasional custom development.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have three or more years of professional software engineering experience, including at least one year focused on backend service development.
- Previous experience with Functional Programming a plus
- Demonstrate strong skills working with the Unix operating system.
- Possess a good understanding of the current landscape of data storage and processing technologies.
- Are broadly familiar with current infrastructure/platform-as-a-service offerings.
- Prefer working in a highly collaborative environment at a small, customer-focused startup.
Founded in 2013 in Boston, MA, Appcues is a user experience layer that accelerates growth for companies by helping them create amazing product experiences. Ones that are seamless, stickier, and more intuitive than ever before. With Appcues, any company that is investing in its product can make it more usable and feature-rich for customers.
We’re a friendly group of ambitious people who believe the best work environment is one that is meaningful, challenging, and built on openness, autonomy, and collaboration.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse team is a stronger team.