Research Associate II / Sr. Research Associate (Cell Therapy)
Los Angeles, CA /
Appia Bio, Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company based in Los Angeles. Founded in 2020, Appia Bio is focused on discovering and developing engineered allogeneic (or off-the-shelf) cell therapies across a broad array of therapeutic indications with a scalable technology platform that increases access for patients. With its ACUA (Appia Cells Utilized for Allogeneic) technology platform, Appia Bio leverages the biology of lymphocyte development with chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T-cell receptor (TCR) gene engineering to generate CAR-engineered invariant natural killer T (CAR-iNKT) cell subtypes from hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs).
Appia Bio is seeking a rigorous and talented Research Associate ready to take on the challenge and opportunity presented by new frontiers in cell engineering and stem cell culture. The research programs at Appia are focused at the intersection of immunology, cell engineering, and cancer biology. The ideal hire will bring experience in stem cell or immune cell lab research and contribute to a culture of excellence and collegiality.
- Stem cell culture and differentiation of immune cells; biochemistry and molecular biology research on a project-by-project basis.
- Support research projects towards optimized cell therapy candidates for clinical development.
- Learn from the team and data, and grow into further responsibilities and more independent work.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with other members of the biology group, and company colleagues.
Experience and Qualifications
- MS in Biology, Immunology, or a related field with 0-4 years of industry experience OR
- BS in Biology, Immunology, or a related field with 2-6 years of industry experience
- A minimum of 1 year of lab research experience. The ideal candidate may have direct lab experience with immunology, cancer biology, stem cell biology, or cell therapy engineering.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quick approaching deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Excellent skills in Microsoft excel, work, prism, and data analysis
- Self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Understanding of JMP and statistical analysis is a plus
Competitive Compensation Packages | Medical, Dental, and Vision | Flexible Work Hours | Untracked PTO | 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan Match | Life Insurance & Disability| Awesome Culture | Challenging & Fulfilling Work | Equity Options | and more
Appia Bio requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. As required by applicable law, we will consider reasonable accommodations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Appia Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.