Senior Software Engineer - Mapping and Localization
Mountain View /
We are looking for a senior software engineer with expertise in mapping and localization for autonomous vehicles or mobile robots. Your contributions will focus on building out key capabilities of our core simulation engine. You will also drive the design and development of products and add-ons that empower mapping and localization teams at our customers to tackle their engineering challenges faster and more sustainably than their competition.
In addition to your engineering contributions, by working in our dynamic and customer-focused team culture, you will contribute to and learn from best practices in the nascent autonomy industry. We move fast and we focus on excellence, for our products and for our business. If you are hands-on and looking for a place to have a multiplying effect on making autonomous systems a reality, Applied is the place for you!
At Applied, you will
- Design and implement capabilities, workflows, and infrastructure to provide the best simulation tools for customer teams tackling lifelong mapping and localization in dynamic environments
- Design and implement foundations and cutting-edge tools that allow customers to really move the needle on large-scale map integration and testing in conjunction with their autonomy stack
- Work closely with in-house and customer engineers to build out tools and workflows for scenario generation and coverage, from semantic descriptions to fine-grained parameter space exploration
We’re looking for someone who
- Is passionate about turning their domain expertise into tooling that boosts the productivity of teams working on various real-world applications of autonomous systems
- Has three or more years of experience building software components or (sub) systems that address real-world mapping and localization challenges
- Has hands-on experience with more than one domain relevant software framework or tools, such as middlewares, benchmarking suites, data sets and related pipelines, or algorithmic libraries.
- Has a deeper understanding of the concepts and methods behind any frameworks or libraries that they worked with
Nice to have
- MSc or PhD in mapping, localization, or closely related field
- Deep hands-on expertise in relevant algorithms or methods, such as non-linear optimization, computational geometry, numerical analysis, distributed systems
- Experience building and shipping software frameworks or tools that are used by others than the authors of the framework
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe