Senior Software Engineer - Perception
Los Angeles /
We are looking for a senior software engineer with expertise in perception for autonomous vehicles or mobile robots. Your contributions will focus on building out key capabilities of perception modules within an autonomous vehicle stack. You will also drive the design and development of computer vision and machine learning techniques to enable self driving vehicles to navigate.
In addition to your engineering contributions, by working in our dynamic and customer-focused team culture, you will contribute to and learn from best practices in the nascent autonomy industry. We move fast and we focus on excellence, for our products and for our business. If you are hands-on and looking for a place to have a multiplying effect on making autonomous systems a reality, Applied is the place for you!
At Applied, you will
- Design and implement capabilities and workflows for cutting-edge real-world perception systems
- Work closely with our sensor simulation team to ensure we build the best range of multi-fidelity simulation models
- Work closely with our infrastructure team to provide the best enterprise software for engineering, testing, and customer product teams
We’re looking for someone who
- Is passionate about turning their domain expertise into tooling that boosts the productivity of teams working on various real-world applications of autonomous systems
- Has three or more years of experience building software components or (sub) systems that address real-world perception challenges
- Has hands-on experience with more than one domain relevant software frameworks or tools, such as middleware, benchmarking suites, data sets and related pipelines, or algorithmic libraries
- Has a deeper understanding of the concepts and methods behind any frameworks or libraries that they worked with
- Has worked with production level ML and DL perception algorithms for autonomous vehicles
Nice to have
- MSc or PhD in perception or closely related field
- Deep hands-on expertise in relevant algorithms or methods, such as non-linear optimization, computational geometry, numerical analysis, distributed systems
- Experience building and shipping software frameworks or tools
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do in our Los Angeles office will meaningfully accelerate the adoption of autonomous systems in the defense world. You will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.