Mountain View /
Product and Customer /
We are looking for a talented technical writer to create compelling product documentation for our industry-leading suite of tools. You’ll work closely with world-class engineers, designers, and product specialists to understand our products and generate well-organized, highly-technical tutorials and user manuals.
Please include a technical writing sample when applying for this role.
At Applied, you will
- Create and maintain tutorials and user manuals for technical audiences
- Work with software engineers to deeply understand new and existing features
- Meet with customers to determine documentation requirements and areas of improvement
- Create and maintain code snippets in C++, Python, Protocol Buffers, and YAML
- Contribute to the creation of technical blog posts
We are looking for someone who has
- 1+ years of experience authoring technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience creating technical documentation from scratch
- Experience developing training materials and documentation for software tools
- Ability to code at a basic level to convey simple examples and features
- Proven record owning the documentation process from profiling audiences, to gathering information, to final publication and maintenance
Nice to have
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicles, software development, or other technical fields
- Understanding of web-based documentation workflows and management cycles
- Proficiency with Markdown and/or LaTeX
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.