Senior Software Engineer - Perception
Mountain View /
We are looking for a senior software engineer with expertise in perception for autonomous vehicles or mobile robots. Your contributions will focus on building out key capabilities of our core simulation engine. You will also drive the design and development of products and add-ons that empower perception teams at our customers to tackle their engineering challenges faster and more sustainably than their competition.
In addition to your engineering contributions, by working in our dynamic and customer-focused team culture, you will contribute to and learn from best practices in the nascent autonomy industry. We move fast and we focus on excellence, for our products and for our business. If you are hands-on and looking for a place to have a multiplying effect on making autonomous systems a reality, Applied is the place for you!
At Applied, you will:
- Design and implement simulation capabilities and workflows to enable cutting-edge real-world perception system development
- Work closely with our sensor simulation team to ensure we build the best range of multi-fidelity simulation models
- Work closely with our infrastructure team to provide the best enterprise software for engineering, testing, and product teams at our customers
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about turning their domain expertise into tooling that boosts the productivity of teams working on various real-world applications of autonomous systems
- Has three or more years of experience building software components or (sub) systems that address real-world perception challenges
- Has hands-on experience with more than one domain relevant software framework or tools, such as middleware, benchmarking suites, data sets and related pipelines, or algorithmic libraries
- Has a deeper understanding of the concepts and methods behind any frameworks or libraries that they worked with
- Has worked with production level ML and DL perception algorithms for autonomous vehicles
Nice to have:
- MSc or PhD in perception or closely related field
- Deep hands-on expertise in relevant algorithms or methods, such as non-linear optimization, computational geometry, numerical analysis, distributed systems
- Experience building and shipping software frameworks or tools that are used by others than the authors of the framework
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.