Tech Lead Backend Development (M/F)
As Tech Lead Backend Development you will set the course by taking over technical leadership and ownership for our complete infrastructure. Furthermore, you will be coaching the Backend team.
AppLike is the fastest growing Adtech Company in Europe, running app marketing platforms in 27 countries. Our mission is to develop software that runs on every mobile device on earth. Under the umbrella of the media company Bertelsmann, we have access to a global network of experts and a strong financial backup. By developing a state of the art tech stack and highly skilled people, we aim to reach more mobile users than every other company in the world. If you like to challenge yourself and want to work in a high performance environment, go for it and send us your application!
- Fundamental knowledge about different technologies and confidence taking future decisions regarding backend architecture
- As an experienced software developer you are responsible for the coaching of teammates as well as for the transfer of technical know-how and best practices
- Further development of our high performance backend (separated over several, globally located data centres) – developed in go - running on docker orchestration systems
- 65% of our legacy PHP system is ported to mirco-services, written in go and nodejs. Let’s complete the rest…
- For you, it does matter whether an API call takes 500ms or 25ms…
- Working on event based systems with AWS Kinesis streams, SQS, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Redis and Go microservices
- Lead a development team of 6 - 10 developers and always act as a good example regarding coding standards and code reviews
- Perennial experience as a Software Architect / Senior Software Developer
- Experience with PHP MVC Frameworks: At least 1 of (CakePHP, symfony, CodeIgniter, zend, fuelPHP, Yii, Slim or Laravel)
- Basic knowledge with Go
- Expert in different technologies, e.g. in 2 programming languages
- You feel comfortable with people management topics and have worked in a leading role in a fast-changing environment before
- Optional: knowledge with React
What we offer:
- Working in Europe’s fastest growing ad-tech company, located in the „Hamburger Schanze“
- Highly motivated startup team with strong digital background
- We fully pay the visit of company relevant congresses and support your further education
- Recurring brown bag sessions and weekly tech-talks
- Regularly recurring team events, company vacations, off-sites and parties
- Space for your own creativity - if you have convincing arguments - feel free to create the non existing
- Last but not least, we provide free drinks, snacks, flexible working hours, support for HVV-Proficard, free gym membership & a competitive salary
We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are looking forward to your application! At the same qualification we prefer female applicants on tech-positions.
If you have any questions please contact our Recruiting Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Jan-Philipp and Martina are looking forward to your application (either English or German).