Managing Director / Co-Founder (Product, Mobile Game Experience) (f/m/d)
Tabbler – Management /
We are an early-stage, well-funded start-up with clear unfair competitive advantages, aiming to revolutionize brand marketing globally (800bn $ market).
Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) and Brand Directors are always on the lookout for innovative ways of growing their firms’ brands. We create engaging mobile games for the world's biggest brands to drive their branding activities, and engage their current and future customers. Think of a racing game for your favorite car brand or an innovative puzzle for your favorite beverage brand. We want to position this as a new media category, where we guarantee access to an audience of millions globally.
Now it’s time for you to join us and build up the product and operations part of our business – hire a team, take full responsibility, work with external partners – and become the market leader!
We are an independent Hamburg-based company, financially backed back by the applike group, Europe's leading app growth platform, and Bertelsmann, #1 media powerhouse in Europe (20bn € revenue). Further, we are affiliated with four “sister” ventures, each of which is active in an ancillary market and a leader in their respective field (mobile adtech, mobile gaming, play2earn and automation in mobile User Acquisition). Access to their data, expert knowledge and resources provides us with our unfair competitive advantage. This makes us uniquely positioned in this market, to build a winning hyper growth company. Finally, we have excellent support in all Hiring, HR, and Financial topics, meaning we as a team can fully focus on all core activities to build our business: Product and Growth.
With your deep understanding and experience in developing and publishing successful mobile games, you will contribute to the company’s long-term strategy for maximum value creation. Your Co-Founder and Managing Director is responsible for sales and marketing activities, including all outreach to CMOs and Brand Directors.
Your top priority will be output-driven execution to build the best mobile games for our brand customers. Your excellent game development- and publishing skills, as well as your knowledge on scaling this business model will be a core asset for our growth.
What you will do:
- You own all product- and operations-related topics, i.e. from the development of game ideas with brands, to the development and refining of the games until the final launch.
- Deliver the first successful mobile game product for first brand customers, while setting up a scalable team, infrastructure and partner network, that is potentially able to deliver 20+ successful “brand games” per year to reach an audience of millions globally.
- You define and implement strategic product plans, systems and partnerships and drive the new company forward.
- You analyze the customer and market requirements thoroughly.
- You focus on continuous KPI-driven optimization of the mobile games for our partners.
- You are responsible for building and leading a competent, enthusiastic team, overseeing and managing the new company’s day-to-day operations, and optimizing resources, upon proof of concept.
- You identify, evaluate and pursue partnerships, negotiate and execute agreements with external partners
- You create a yearly product roadmap + business forecast together with your co-founder to shareholders.
- You analyze and report on business performance and metrics.
Who you are:
- You have several years of leadership experience and P&L responsibility e.g., in a top-tier mobile game development or publishing company, plus ideally gained firsthand experience in founding or shaping an early-stage tech startup or internet-related project.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, embodying a startup mentality with a focus on MVPs and hypothesis-driven actions. You're not about "perfecting over years"; you're about "iterating and scaling quickly" (think rapid prototyping and ultra-fast development cycles).
- You are eager to join us in a hybrid model, working 3 days per week from our vibrant office located at the shore of the beautiful Alster lake.
- You have a strong foundation in organizational development, operations management, and business development.
- You are well experienced and passionate about the project management required to create successful games end to end, including the challenges and opportunities involved in building and scaling software products.
- You have strong communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, negotiate, execute business deals, analyze and report on business performance and metrics.
- You are a strategic thinker and problem-solver with a strong ability to identify and implement solutions to complex challenges.
- You are a hardworking, intelligent, humble, and decisive executive with a track record of being a team player.
- You are fluent in English (speaking/writing).
- You have strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to effectively build, manage, and motivate teams, as well as oversee day-to-day operations and optimize resources.
- You have strong motivation to create new products, win global market leadership in its niche, and be highly committed to building a successful company based on an exceptional performance company culture.
- You constantly learn, have a curious, innovative mindset and a high level of energy.
Our benefits for you:
- High impact and the opportunity to shape our business - Share your creativity, support your ideas with convincing arguments, and make them happen!
- Fast-paced startup environment & a highly motivated team in a great location (Hamburg Alster)
- An experienced leadership team and support from our leading sister companies
- Tech Package: Create game-changing technologies and work with the newest technologies out there. You choose your own hard- and software.
- Work-Life Package: 2 remote days per week, 30 vacation days, 3 weeks per year of remote work, flexible working hours, dog-friendly kick-ass office in the center of the city.
- Relocation Package: Visa & legal support, relocation bonus, reimbursement of German Classes costs and more.
- Happy Belly Package: Monthly company lunch, tons of free snacks and drinks, free breakfast & fresh delicious pastries every Monday
- Physical & Mental Health Package: In-house gym with personal trainer, various classes like Yoga with expert teachers.
- Activity Package:Regular team and company events, hackathons.
- Education Package: Opportunities to boost your professional development with courses and trainings directly connected to your career goals
- Wealth building: virtual stock options for all our regular employees
Our mission is to create an inspiring work environment for amazing people achieving extraordinary things. Be part of it!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our Company.