Technical Lead Backend Services (f/m/d)
justDice – Backend Services /
A Tech lead bridges the gap between the Product Lead’s plans and the development itself. They’re capable of understanding business needs, being able to manage a Team of developers, collaborating with Product leads. An important aspect is that the Tech Lead helps to define ETAs and a plan together with the Product Leads to reach goals as soon as possible. On top of this the Tech Lead is responsible for finding a good balance between fast-paced development and stable, reliable and long-lasting software systems. The Tech Lead for Backend Services is a generalist, with profound knowledge in Backend Development together with management of infrastructure, but is capable of successfully touching new technologies quickly and is always keen to learn new approaches to build better software.
What you will do
- Technical mentorship: Provide technical mentorship to the Devops and Backend Development team. This includes guiding the team on the use of appropriate tools, technologies and best practices.
- Code quality: Ensure that the code produced by the team is of high quality. This includes conducting code reviews, writing and enforcing coding standards, and using appropriate testing and validation techniques.
- Design and Architecture: Ensure software and infrastructure meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Being Hands on: Spend 20 - 30% of the time on developing features and setting up infrastructure.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product leads and principal engineers to ensure that the technical design aligns with the product requirements.
- Innovation: Foster a culture of innovation within the team. This includes exploring newtools and technologies that could improve the development process, and promoting theuse of best practices to achieve technical excellence.
- Understand the vision of the organization along with planned development roadmaps and put in place a strategy to manage the technical infrastructure and support development efficiently.
Who you are
- Education: Completed apprenticeship in computer sciences or university degree in computer sciences, (electrical) engineering, mathematics or sciences.
- Experience: Strong background in Infrastructure and Software Engineering with over 8 years experience developing and delivering high-quality software products across multiple technologies.
- Domain Knowledge: knowledge of highly-scalable microservice backend developed in Go. Outstanding skills to build modern cloud infrastructure like AWS / Azure / Google Cloud. Knowledge of different cloud (AWS) services, from network, instances, databases, logging and monitoring. Knowledge about principles of container orchestration platforms (docker, kubernetes).Worked with Infrastructure as Code like Terraform, Terragrunt, Cloudformation andCI/CD Tools such as Gitlab, GitHub or others
- Database Skills: Having outstanding knowledge about different databases and different approaches to how they work: SQL, Document based DBs, Distributed Databases, Big Data Analytics Databases, etc. For example: Mysql, Postgresql, Mongodb, Dynamodb, Elastic, Druid and others.
- Basic Project Management: Aligning People to reach goals - planning, monitoring progress, helping overcome blockers, manage dependencies.
- Soft Skills: Team Player, Solution-Oriented (Problem-Solver). Motivating Developers about why they do certain things. Giving proper and clear feedback that is understandable and actionable.
- Mindset: Goal driven, following the 80-20 approach, Interested in Business results, Understanding that tech enables the business to grow. Interested in new technologies, being able to adapt to different environments and situations.
Why you will love working here
- Work in Europe’s fastest-growing genre-bending mobile entertainment company, located directly at the Alster in Hamburg!
- Work-Life Package: 2 remote days per week, 30 vacation days, 3 weeks per year of remote work, flexible working hours, dog-friendly kick-ass office in the center of the city
- Relocation Package: Visa & legal support, relocation bonus, reimbursement of German Classes costs, and more
- Happy Belly Package: Monthly company lunch, tons of free snacks and drinks, free breakfast & fresh delicious pastries every Monday
- Physical & Mental Health Package: In-house gym with a personal trainer, various classes like Yoga with expert teachers
- Activity Package: Regular team and company events, hackathons
- Education Package: Opportunities to boost your professional development with courses and training directly connected to your career goals
- Wealth building: virtual stock options for all our regular employees
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are looking forward to your application!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.