Senior Go Backend Developer (f/m/d)
adjoe – Demand Solutions /
adjoe is a leading mobile ad platform developing cutting-edge advertising and monetization solutions that take its app partners’ business to the next level. Part of the applike group ecosystem, adjoe is home to an advanced tech stack, powerful financial backing from Bertelsmann, and a highly motivated workforce to be reckoned with.
Meet Your Team: Demand Solutions
The Demand Solutions team builds the core technologies to help mobile publishers acquire the right users for their apps and games. The team is proud that adjoe’s software – developed 100 percent in-house – manages, provides, and analyzes advertisements for more than 200 million daily mobile users.
adjoe’s Demand Solutions team builds modern user interfaces and software and powers its analytics in the dashboard with state-of-the-art databases like Druid. All to give end users the insights they need. The team provides KPIs by APIs in milliseconds and supports adjoe’s partners by offering the highest availability without outages. This is thanks to working with proper code quality, different testing standards, different mechanisms to auto-scale, and redundant cloud infrastructure.
Besides delivering high standards, Demand Solutions remains flexible and autonomous from adjoe’s other team techs. To develop new platform features fast, this versatile team works on adjoe’s Go backend, which feeds data to the TypeScript React frontend.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the development of our backend written +99% in Go and maintain our microservice architecture used to communicate with our frontend (based on TypeScript React). To do this, you’ll use event buses like Kafka, SQS/SNS, and Kinesis in order to have reliable asynchronous microservice communication.
- Work in a community of developers with whom you’ll share knowledge and contribute to peer code reviews.
- Work with modern databases such as Druid – but also with MySQL and Redshift, where you’ll optimize queries and the way we query data to deliver few-millisecond response times.
- Support partners by providing them with raw or aggregated data based on their business needs – we believe in data transparency and well-documented open APIs.
- Collaborate with our Data Science team to solve complex math problems used to optimize our ML algorithms that are dedicated to delivering the right ads to the right users and integrate their solutions into adjoe’s application.
- Be responsible for collecting the billions of daily API events and aggregating them in our Kafka and Kinesis streams with the goal of querying them from the data lake in a matter of seconds.
- Be part of an international English-speaking team dedicated to scaling our adtech platform beyond our hundreds of millions of monthly active users.
Who You Are
- You have worked in software development for 3+ years.
- You have gained profound experience with building web applications in Go for at least 2 years.
- You have knowledge about databases and a basic understanding of Regular Expressions, HTTP protocol, and Encoding.
- You are open to relocating to Hamburg, Germany
- Plus: You have experience working with infrastructure as code (Terraform), Docker, and serverless infrastructure.
Heard of Our Perks?
- Work-Life Package: 2 remote days per week, 30 vacation days, 3 weeks per year of remote work, flexible working hours, dog-friendly kick-ass office in the center of the city.
- Relocation Package: Visa & legal support, relocation bonus, reimbursement of German Classes costs and more.
- Happy Belly Package: Monthly company lunch, tons of free snacks and drinks, free breakfast & fresh delicious pastries every Monday
- Physical & Mental Health Package: In-house gym with personal trainer, various classes like Yoga with expert teachers.
- Activity Package: Regular team and company events, hackathons.
- Education Package: Opportunities to boost your professional development with courses and trainings directly connected to your career goals
- Wealth building: virtual stock options for all our regular employees
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are looking forward to your application!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.