Managing Director (f/m/d)
Sunday – Management /
Over the last 3 years, Sunday has become a well-established and leading hybrid-casual games publisher. Everybody loves our brand, we are thought-leaders on the product side, and run fully-automated marketing, monetization, and publishing powerhouse. That’s a good foundation, but now we are aiming for the very top of the industry.
As Managing Director for Sunday, you lead and run the company. You will make sure we are reaching our goals in revenue growth, headcount, and infrastructure by bringing our operations to the next level and developing new business areas. You will complete the management team with your skill set and strengths as a counterpart to your Co-MD.
We receive immense support to achieve this goal through the AppLike Group. Our sister companies justDice, justtrack, adjoe and Tabbler provide us with cutting-edge marketing and advertising technology.
Our growth is secured by a substantial investment from Bertelsmann, one of the biggest media companies worldwide. If you like to challenge yourself and want to work in a high-performance environment, send us your application!
What you will do:
- You will drive the company’s vision and mission and define long-term business objectives
- You will be responsible for mobile game acquisition (asset deals) + operations in publishing, monetization, and marketing
- You will build a fully modeled x-year scaling plan to include objectives & key milestones, commercial targets, and fully modeled P&L
- You will be an sparring partner to your Co-MD regarding business strategy, company culture, and processes
- You will develop winning strategies to conquer a very competitive market and break them down into hands-on operational tasks for your teams
- You will communicate our business vision to the public
- You will be the main stakeholder to other applike group companies (“internal customers”)
- You will develop our publishing, marketing/monetization department and build a Business Development Organization to buy games
Who you are:
- You have a successful track record as Business Development Director, Country Manager, C-Level or similar position in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You have a strong track record in Asset deals in the app and/or gaming space
- You possess proven P&L success
- You are extremely analytical, data-driven and well-structured in your work
- You are an strong communicator with excellent leadership skills
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, combined with investment/portfolio thinking
- You can naturally create structure, optimize for efficiency and push projects to completion
- You are able and willing to coach your leadership team to bring their best performance
- You can easily switch between big picture thinking and optimizing details
- You have passion for mobile gaming business
- You possess good understanding of performance marketing and advertising business models
- Plus: Network in mobile gaming industry (game developers/publishers, ad-tech players)
- You are fluent in English (speaking/writing)
Why you will love working here:
- Work-Life Package: 2 remote days per week, 30 vacation days, 3 weeks per year of remote work, flexible working hours, dog-friendly kick-ass office in the center of the city
- Relocation Package: Visa & legal support, relocation bonus, reimbursement of German Classes costs, and more
- Happy Belly Package: Monthly company lunch, tons of free snacks and drinks, free breakfast & fresh delicious pastries every Monday
- Physical & Mental Health Package: In-house gym with a personal trainer, various classes like Yoga with expert teachers & free of charge access to our EAP (Employee Assistance Program) to support your mental health and well-being
- Activity Package: Regular team and company events, hackathons
- Education Package: Opportunities to boost your professional development with courses and training directly connected to your career goals
- Wealth building: virtual stock options for all our regular employees
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are looking forward to your application!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.