Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
adjoe – Cloud Engineering /
adjoe is a leading mobile ad platform developing cutting-edge advertising and monetization solutions that take its app partners’ business to the next level. Part of the applike group ecosystem, adjoe is home to an advanced tech stack, powerful financial backing from Bertelsmann, and a highly motivated workforce to be reckoned with. We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to strengthen the Cloud Engineering team.
Meet Your Team: Cloud Engineering
The Cloud Engineering team is the core of adjoe’s tech department. It is responsible for the underlying infrastructure that helps adjoe’s developers to run their software – and the company to grow its business.
From various AWS services to Kubernetes and Apache foundation open source projects, the team continuously validates new cloud and architecture services to efficiently handle a huge amount of data. Cloud Engineering tackles the challenge of choosing when to use self-managed or managed services to reduce $300K of monthly hosting costs, while still ensuring convenience and data security for adjoe’s developers.
Because adjoe needs to ensure high-quality service and minimal downtime to grow its business, Cloud Engineering invests heavily in monitoring and alerting technologies for insights into system health (networking, application logs, cloud service information, hardware, etc.). The cloud engineers also provide working solutions, knowledge, and documentation to the entire community of adjoe developers, giving them the autonomy to work on the infrastructure themselves and ensure the smooth sailing of adjoe’s systems.
What You Will Do
- You will work together in a team of experienced DevOps engineers to reinvent our cloud infrastructure by introducing new technologies and improving the existing environment.
- You will help transfer our current managed AWS cloud infrastructure to self-hosted and open source technologies: We believe a hybrid combination between managed and self-hosted offers the best cost/efficiency ratio.
- You will support our developers in building a high-performance backend with Go (based on our existing backend structures separated over several globally located data centers).
- You will collaborate with experts from different technological backgrounds and countries, learn from highly experienced colleagues, and share your knowledge.
- You will work with our current tech stack: Go, DruidDB, Kafka, DynamoDB, ScyllaDB, RDS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gitlab, ECS, EMR, Lambda, complex CI/CD pipelines, Prometheus, Data pipelines, and many more.
- You will introduce new technologies, including migrating part of the architecture to our new Kubernetes and Kafka clusters and introducing Apache Spark/Flink and our own hosted object storage.
- You will troubleshoot issues in complex systems, conduct root cause analysis, and implement appropriate solutions.
- You will provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior team members, fostering their professional growth.
Who You Are
- You are a skilled DevOps engineer/SRE/Platform engineer with a strong passion for improving scalability and cloud infrastructure and a keen interest in coding using languages like Golang, Rust, Python, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and ECS.
- You have a profound understanding of the AWS ecosystem and infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- You have good knowledge of microservice architecture and c communication between microservices (e.g. Topics, Queues, Object storage, etc.).
- You have a deep with CI/CD tools and experience with building and maintaining pipelines.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and ability to tackle complex technical challenges.
- You are self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies and tools.
- You are open to relocating to Hamburg, Germany
Heard of Our Perks?
- Work-Life Package: 2 remote days per week, 30 vacation days, 3 weeks per year of remote work, flexible working hours, dog-friendly kick-ass office in the center of the city.
- Relocation Package: Visa & legal support, relocation bonus, reimbursement of German Classes costs, and more.
- Happy Belly Package: Monthly company lunch, tons of free snacks and drinks, free breakfast & fresh delicious pastries every Monday
- Physical & Mental Health Package: In-house gym with a personal trainer, various classes like Yoga with expert teachers & free of charge access to our EAP (Employee Assistance Program) to support your mental health and well-being
- Activity Package: Regular team and company events, and hackathons.
- Education Package: Opportunities to boost your professional development with courses and training directly connected to your career goals
- Wealth building: virtual stock options for all our regular employees
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are looking forward to your application!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.