Senior QA Engineer (f/m/d)
adjoe – Playtime Supply /
adjoe is a leading mobile ad platform developing cutting-edge advertising and monetization solutions that take its app partners’ business to the next level. Part of the applike group ecosystem, adjoe is home to an advanced tech stack, powerful financial backing from Bertelsmann, and a highly motivated workforce to be reckoned with.
Meet Your Team: Playtime Supply
Playtime Supply is building a unique software solution for app and game developers that puts users’ needs first. Instead of traditional monetization mechanisms, Playtime builds an engaging ad experience in which users can play and earn rewards for various new mobile games in Playtime. To predict which mobile game will best suit a user, the team has introduced ML algorithms.
To build this rewarded experience, adjoe’s backend reliably handles more than 200 million users – remaining stable despite impressive growth in the user base. And imagine this: adjoe’s Golang event consumer applications assign rewards equivalent to 700 months of time spent in Playtime every day to its users.
The software depends on two main components.
1) adjoe’s Android mobile SDK – written in a combination of Java and Kotlin – which can be bundled by developers in their apps.
2) The team’s highly scalable Golang backend, which is hosted on AWS and is otherwise responsible for developing a modern React (TypeScript) dashboard that provides adjoe’s clients and Business team colleagues with fast-loading insights.
What you will do
- Work in cross-functional teams to achieve the highest level of quality across the software development lifecycle and support the development of our automated testing strategy via the CI pipeline.
- Collaborate with adjoe’s Product Leads to develop and execute comprehensive test strategies and plans.
- Conduct manual test cases and analyze results to ensure our dashboards and APIs are working.
- Play a key role in reporting and troubleshooting any bugs or errors that may occur.
- Take ownership of post-release and post-implementation testing.
- Propose new automation scenarios & work on increasing auto-test coverage.
- Be part of an international English-speaking team dedicated to scaling our adtech platform beyond our hundreds of millions of monthly active users
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or similar.
- You are experienced in QA methodology.
- You are familiar with Agile frameworks and regression/smoke/LIT testing.
- You are able to document and troubleshoot errors.
- You have a working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Cypress, Zephyr) and SQL.
- You have hands-on experience with Automation Testing Tools (e.g. Appium, Selenium, or Playwright).
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You have an analytical mind and problem-solving attitude.
- You have strong organizational skills.
- Plus: You have experience with (mobile) games QA.
Heard of Our Perks?
- Tech Package: Create game-changing technologies and work with the newest technologies out there.
- Work–Life Package: Work remotely for 2 days per week, enjoy flexible working hours and 30 vacation days, modern office in the city center, dog-friendly.
- Relocation Package: Receive visa and legal support, a generous relocation subsidy, and free German classes in the office.
- Never-Go-Hungry Package: Graze on regular company and team lunches, free breakfasts, and a selection of free snacks and drinks.
- Health Package: Free in-house gym, biweekly yoga classes
- Activity Package: Enjoy a host of team events, hackathons, and company trips.
- Career Growth Package: Dedicated growth budget to attend relevant conferences and online seminars of your choosing.
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are looking forward to your application!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.