Senior Backend Developer - Apache Flink (f/m/d)
adjoe – Programmatic Supply /
adjoe is a leading mobile ad platform developing cutting-edge advertising and monetization solutions that take its app partners’ business to the next level. Part of the applike group ecosystem, adjoe is home to an advanced tech stack, powerful financial backing from Bertelsmann, and a highly motivated workforce to be reckoned with.
Meet Your Team: Programmatic Supply
Did you know that in-app ads are sold in a real-time auction before they get rendered by adjoe’s Android and iOS SDK in thousands of mobile apps?
It’s exactly for this that adjoe has built its own platform. Our backend system can simultaneously handle a few billion auctions in real-time every day. It receives price bids for every ad impression via API from more than 20 different companies buying potential ad inventory.
Behind the auction scenes, we have an impressive prediction model working to figure out if an ad will lead to an app install or not. The algorithm requires operating data from different data sources and performs calculations in real-time. We’ve built the core of our algorithm around Apache Flink with 10+ jobs and Kafka to be able to handle these events.
Join our discussions, explore implementation, and put your problem-solving skills to the test in our cross-functional Programmatic team!
Our Tech Stack
- Apache Flink as our streaming framework, written in Java
- Apache Kafka as our streaming platform
- Go as our primary language
- Kubernetes and Terraform to manage our infrastructure
- Scylla and Redis as data storage
- Prometheus, Grafana, and Loki for logging and monitoring
- GitLab (managing Git and the CI/CD pipelines that run there)
- … and we’re always open to trying new technologies that suit each case best.
What You Will Do
- Implement our real-time bidding algorithm by developing Flink jobs and backend applications for our programmatic advertising platform.
- Collaborate with our Data Science team to solve complex math problems used to optimize our ML algorithms that are dedicated to delivering the right ads to the right users and integrating their solutions into adjoe’s application.
- Be the company’s Flink expert: Implement it and lead the development in the right direction.
- Be responsible for collecting billions of daily API events and aggregating them in our Kafka streams with the goal of querying them from the data lake in a matter of seconds.
- Work in a community of developers with whom you’ll share knowledge and contribute to peer code reviews.
- Be part of an international English-speaking team dedicated to scaling our adtech platform beyond our hundreds of millions of monthly active users.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years’ of software development experience with Java or Go as your main programming language.
- No experience with Go? No worries, you just have to be eager to learn it. You have a deep understanding of Flink.
- Knowledge of other streaming frameworks is a plus.
- You have good math knowledge and experience in data analysis.
- You have advanced knowledge of computer science, algorithms, and data structures.
- You have knowledge of databases and a basic understanding of regular expressions, HTTP protocol, and encoding.
- Plus: You have experience in working with infrastructure as code (Terraform), Kubernetes, and serverless infrastructures.
Heard of Our Perks?
- Work-Life Package: 2 remote days per week, 30 vacation days, 3 weeks per year of remote work, flexible working hours, dog-friendly kick-ass office in the center of the city.
- Relocation Package: Visa & legal support, relocation bonus, reimbursement of German Classes costs and more.
- Happy Belly Package: Monthly company lunch, tons of free snacks and drinks, free breakfast & fresh delicious pastries every Monday
- Physical & Mental Health Package: In-house gym with personal trainer, various classes like Yoga with expert teachers.
- Activity Package: Regular team and company events, hackathons.
- Education Package: Opportunities to boost your professional development with courses and trainings directly connected to your career goals
- Wealth building: virtual stock options for all our regular employees
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are looking forward to your application!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.