Senior Data Scientist (Adtech Expert) (f/m/d)
adjoe – BI & Data Science /
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible to assist our WAVE product team by gathering, interpreting and deriving smart conclusions based on data. You will have access to state of the art technology to implement new approaches on how to leverage our data assets with new ideas. adjoe is a leading mobile ad platform developing cutting-edge advertising and monetization solutions that take its app partners’ business to the next level. Part of the applike group ecosystem, adjoe is home to an advanced tech stack, powerful financial backing from Bertelsmann, and a highly motivated workforce to be reckoned with.
Meet Your Team: BI and Data Science
There’s no tech company out there without data. All of our products and their development are based on data, which is why the BI & Data Science team is at the heart of every company process – including product development and decision-making processes. As a part of the BI and Data Science team, you will be working closely with our WAVE product team. Did you know that in-app ads are sold in a real-time auction before they get rendered in thousands of mobile apps? It’s exactly for this that adjoe has built WAVE. Behind the scenes, we have an impressive prediction model working to figure out if an ad will lead to installing an app or not. The algorithm requires operating data from different data sources and performs calculations in real time. You’ll conduct research and investigations for the algorithm improvements and generate ideas for new features that could be included into the model. You will have access to state-of-the-art technology and work closely with the product and business teams to shape the future of adjoe’s core business and technologies.
What You Will Do
- You create, analyze and communicate reports and statistics for our business teams and partners.
- You transform recurring analyses into KPIs and Dashboard Views we can easily monitor.
- You drill into data from various sources (Redshift, Spark, SQL, Athena, S3, Druid event streams, AWS data pipeline) and write scripts to improve the processes.
- You dive into state-of-the-art algorithms and deep learning models to create recommendation systems, predict user behavior, and/or optimise in-app retention.
- You are a strong communicator, love teaching people, and know how to deal with stakeholders.
- You are able to express technical issues comprehensively in business language.
Who you are
- You have at least +4 years of experience working in adtech industry
- You have shown a great level of understanding of deep neural networks and have experiences developing deep neural networks for recommendation systems.
- You have excellent analytical & communication skills and like to use these on Python, R, or Scala as well as on Spreadsheets.
- You have strong experience in developing machine learning models and driving insights.
- You’re interested in big data and have outstanding experience in SQL.
- You are self-confident and competent in communicating with clients.
- You are able to dive deep into math and explain complex topics in an easy way.
- You are a strong team player and enjoy helping others.
- You are passionate about working with stakeholders and communicating insights in an effective manner.
Heard of Our Perks?
- Work-Life Package: 2 remote days per week, 30 vacation days, 3 weeks per year of remote work, flexible working hours, dog-friendly kick-ass office in the center of the city.
- Relocation Package: Visa & legal support, relocation bonus, reimbursement of German Classes costs and more.
- Happy Belly Package: Monthly company lunch, tons of free snacks and drinks, free breakfast & fresh delicious pastries every Monday
- Physical & Mental Health Package: In-house gym with personal trainer, various classes like Yoga with expert teachers.
- Activity Package: Regular team and company events, hackathons.
- Education Package: Opportunities to boost your professional development with courses and trainings directly connected to your career goals
- Wealth building: virtual stock options for all our regular employees
Skip writing cover letters. Tell us about your most passionate personal project, your desired salary and your earliest possible start date. We are looking forward to your application!
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.