Software Engineer, Mobile Build
Palo Alto, CA /
AppLovin – Engineering /
AppLovin enables developers to grow their business. Businesses rely on AppLovin’s market leading technologies to solve their mission-critical functions with a powerful, full stack solution including user acquisition, monetization and measurement. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
To deliver on this mission, our global team is composed of team members with life experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that mirror our developers and customers around the world. At AppLovin, we are intentional about the team and culture we are building, seeking candidates who are outstanding in their own right and also demonstrate their support of others. Equality is essential to our purpose – our people are key to cultivating a culture of belonging where employees can engage as their true selves.
Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, alongside The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal who have also awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work for the past four years. Check out the rest of our awards HERE.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineer with a focus on improving build pipelines for our mobile products. In this role, you will work as part of our mobile engineering team to identify and implement improvements to the speed and functionality of our builds. You should have a strong background in mobile development (iOS, Android, or both), and a passion for scripting.
You will work to introduce new pipelines, improve Android and iOS build times, and generally enhance our mobile engineering workflow. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to our advertising SDKs and related products.
- Maintain, improve, and develop processes that build and publish AppLovin's suite of mobile products
- Develop tools to improve developer efficiency and automate repetitive tasks
- Debug and solve new issues or regressions in builds
- Explore varied solutions, determine tradeoffs, and pursue the best option
- Contribute to AppLovin’s suite of SDKs on both Android and iOS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in software engineering, specifically Android and/or iOS development
- Strong experience with scripting languages like Bash, Groovy, and/or Ruby
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desire to learn independently and knowledge of when to ask for help
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience or interest in AdTech
- Experience with one or more of the following: mobile build tools (i.e. xcodebuild/gradle), build system (e.g. Jenkins), or build optimization
- Experience or interest in the following technologies: CocoaPods, Maven, Swift Package Manager, or GitHub Actions
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Work from home stipend each paycheck
- 401k matching and employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible time off - take time when you need it
AppLovin provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this CA based position is $146,000 - $189,000. Total compensation at AppLovin is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about EEO rights as an applicant here.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AppLovin will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in California, learn more here.
If you are a California resident, read our CA Privacy Notice to learn more about how AppLovin processes your personal information.