VP of Product - Remote
Product – Product Management /
We’re building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
Our team of over 500 ApplyBoardians and growing, is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprised of 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated. ApplyBoard is headquartered in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
A strong leader and proficient executor critical to the next steps of ApplyBoard’s growth with an impact on millions of student’s lives over the next 10 years. Responsible for driving a market-led company, which means evangelizing the product, championing the customer’s voice, and shaping the future of education accessibility. Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Product will oversee product strategy, direction, and management across our platforms. The role will also entail planning, organizing, and driving the full product life-cycle; along with oversight in recruiting, retaining, and developing a team of Directors, Sr. Product Managers, Product Owners, UX/UI Designers, and UX Researchers.
- Be the unified voice and champion for customers, product management & design team to the rest of the organization
- Drive and define ApplyBoard’s product vision, direction, and business plans; including product roadmaps, evolution, and lifecycle
- Continue growing and evolving a Product Management team
- Define and implement best practices and processes of product management
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering to execute and track execution of product roadmaps through the use of metrics
- Contribute and support organizational-wide KPIs and by establishing product roadmaps and related KPIs
- Become the key evangelist of ApplyBoard and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts
- Led product management for Marketplace products and B2B/B2C stakeholders
- Extensive experience leading and growing a team of Product Managers, Product Owners, & UX designers and working alongside engineering teams
- Well-versed in the best practices of product management
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and Business savvy with understanding of how to deliver value to customers
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard; however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:-Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement-Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 800 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities. Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard? Check out this video, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$170M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.