AI and Machine Learning Principal
The Lab /
Full-Time Permanent /
ABOUT APPLY DIGITAL
Who we are: We're a global digital transformation partner for change agents, working to modernize their organizations.
Who we help: Our 650+ digital specialists have helped global companies like Kraft Heinz, Moderna, Lululemon, Games Workshop, Atlassian, and The Very Group create business impact.
What we do: We offer clients end-to-end expertise across Business Strategy, Commerce, Platform, Products, Innovation, and beyond.
How we help: We work together as one connected team to drive business impact and ensure every strategy is actionable through to execution in the context of your organization’s broader ecosystem. We collaborate as cross-disciplinary pods and as extensions of client teams - ensuring the right perspectives contribute to creating connected, value-generating outcomes.
If you'd like to learn more about Apply Digital's culture click HERE.
LOCATION: Apply Digital is hybrid/remote friendly. The preferred candidate should be based in the Greater Toronto Area of Canada, working in hours that align to ET.
What you need:
Apply Digital is seeking an AI and Machine Learning Principal to join our data team. You will play a crucial role in shaping and executing the company's AI strategy. This position offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients to seamlessly integrate AI solutions into our digital transformation initiatives. Beyond technical proficiency, the role places a strong emphasis on responsible AI development and data use, ensuring compliance with ethical and legal standards. If you have a passion for technology, thrive in a dynamic environment, and possess strong client-facing communication skills, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Work with various internal disciplines, vendors and clients to define data requirements and technology stack for projects.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive AI strategy that aligns with Apply Digital's business goals and client needs.
- Lead high-level client discussions on the strategic implementation of AI technologies to solve business challenges and create competitive advantages.
- Be able to educate Apply Digital Clients on guidelines for the ethical use of AI and data, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Keep abreast of emerging AI technologies and methodologies, and spearhead the adoption of innovative solutions that can add value to Apply Digital and its clients.
- Growth the AI practice and oversee AI projects from inception through to completion, ensuring they meet quality, time, and budget constraints.
- Prioritize with the Lab team all client input on asks of the Lab, and work with the team to determine the re-usability of Lab output across multiple clients.
- Lead, manage and conduct research for the team with a focus on strategy, design, product and project management
- Publish and present content based on R&D activities across various channels both internal and externally
- Present Lab output to clients, as well as internally
- Be able to focus on real, tangible outputs of the Lab and ways for the Lab to move faster
- Manage resource asks that are outside the core Lab team
- Capable of client-facing presentations and internal work demonstrations.
What we’re looking for:
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MBA or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in AI, machine learning, or a closely related field, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong expertise in AI technologies such as large language models, machine learning algorithms, natural language processing, and computer vision.
- Demonstrable knowledge of ethical AI practices, including data privacy laws and fairness in machine learning.
- Proven ability to lead client discussions and consultations on complex technical topics understandably.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects, including budgeting and timeline management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of explaining complex topics to a diverse audience.
- Up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and research in the field of AI.
Life at Apply Digital
- Flexibility - work where you work best
- Competitive benefits plan
- Generous paid time off - take the time you need to be balanced and energized
- A growing company means many opportunities for advancement - we like to promote from within!
- Regular team and company events (karaoke, escape rooms, axe throwing and more!)
- Training budgets, Days of Learning, company-wide training
At Apply Digital, we value humanity, diversity, and authenticity as much as we do excellence and innovation. We aim to live our SHAPE values (Smart, Humble, Active, Positive, Excellent) every day in the work we do and how we work together.
If this aligns with your values, we encourage you to apply for a role that aligns with your experience.