Director of Product Management
Los Angeles, CA /
AppOnboard is a Los Angeles-based software company empowering creators to build businesses without any programming experience. The company offers two no-code products: Buildbox, the largest no-code mobile game engine, and AppOnboard Studio, a mobile, interactive design studio that enables anyone to create playable ads and app prototypes.
AppOnboard is looking for a Director of Product Management to help us build out a new Product Management function for the company and set product direction and strategy for the Buildbox game engine. This is a highly influential and unique opportunity to build a Product organization from scratch and help us define our processes, methodologies, and long-term product strategy. We want a collaborative Product professional who is capable of working across the other departments to help us deliver on our exciting product vision for our customers.
- Build and lead a high-performance Product Management function through effective hiring, coaching, and people development
- Define the product strategy for Buildbox, develop and identify the key measures of success, set expectations with all relevant stakeholders, and effectively prioritize across initiatives, teams and functions
- Coach product managers as they break down complex problems, develop strategies and plans to solve them, and help them collaborate to deliver solutions
- Use your knowledge of best practices to direct product management teams across the full product life cycle, from user research to requirements refinement to prototyping to production
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative product management process with an eye for continuous improvement
- Facilitate collaboration across internal teams and serve as the communication hub for everything happening related
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and rapidly develop opportunity assessments, product briefs, user stories, etc. if necessary
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years product management experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of product managers
- Ability to mentor product managers, engineers and/or designers in how to work together to build great products
- Experience in a start-up environment or evidence you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in Agile and/or Lean environments
- Proven track record of building and shipping successful software products at scale
- Demonstrated ability to drive product outcomes the meet customer and company goals
- Knowledge of current trends in product management, best practices, and processes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with PPO and HMO options.
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Fully-stocked kitchen and bi-weekly catered lunches
- Paid parking and commuter stipend
*Joining our team does not mean that you have to be located in Los Angeles, CA -- If you live outside of the city or even out of state, we are still interested in learning more about you.
At this time, AppOnboard is respectfully not offering sponsorships.