VP of Engineering
Los Angeles, CA /
AppOnboard is a Los Angeles-based software company empowering creators to build businesses without any programming experience. The company offers two no-code products: Buildbox, the largest no-code mobile game engine, and AppOnboard Studio, a mobile, interactive design studio that enables anyone to create playable ads and app prototypes.
AppOnboard is looking for an ambitious VP of Engineering who is passionate about people, technology, and building a high-performing engineering organization to build great products. We are looking for someone who can manage a group of 20+ engineers, define and scale our software development processes, and partner with Product to build a technical roadmap to help us achieve our aggressive product goals. We're Looking for someone who can help establish engineering standards, ensure we have a strong technical vision, and adopt effective engineering best practices, all while also having a high standard for delivering results.
- Build and lead a high-performance team through effective hiring, coaching, and people development
- Drive engineering practices and processes to increase velocity and productivity
- Establish an engineering culture that inspires, motivates, and drives continuous delivery
- Partner closely with Product and Design, as well as with other senior leaders, to develop a technical strategy and roadmap that delivers on our strategy
- Ensure a high level of quality and predictability of software delivery
- Measure and report on team productivity, performance, and relevant development KPIs
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of strong management and organizational leadership skills
- Hands on knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, agile development, code reviews, and source control management
- Experience with desktop software development. Game engine experience is a plus.
- Extensive experience recruiting and developing top engineering talent
- Have kept your technical skills sharp. C++, graphics programming, MacOS, and/or Windows development a plus
- MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with PPO and HMO options
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Fully-stocked kitchen and bi-weekly catered lunches
- Paid parking and commuter stipend
*Joining our team does not mean that you have to be located in Los Angeles, CA -- If you live outside of the city or even out of state, we are still interested in learning more about you.
At this time, AppOnboard is respectfully not offering sponsorships.