Senior Project Manager (with product mindset)
Tech Team /
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in actions support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company inspired by a mission to improve our society and environment.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build data applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
As a Project Manager with a product mindset, you will ensure that we help our clients be more efficient and make better business decisions.
When you join Appsilon as a Project Manager you are joining a company that will challenge you, and force you to constantly learn, while consistently investing in your professional development. You are taking a role that will steer your career towards the top level of business expertise in highly technological data science and machine learning fields.
Whether you’re a business analyst, a software engineer, a data scientist, a consultant, or an experienced project manager, working at Appsilon will be a challenging next step in your career.
This role will require a cross-functional self-starter who builds strong relationships with corporate technology divisions and shows problem-solving leadership. The role combines multiple responsibilities of a product owner, project manager, business analyst, and account manager.
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s needs, from both technical and business perspectives
- Maximize the value that our clients get from working with Appsilon
- Inspire our tech team to feel responsible for the client's success
- Build great business relationships with multiple stakeholders on the client-side
- Contribute to Appsilon culture
By joining Appsilon at this stage you get a unique opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the company and its culture.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing agile IT projects in modern technologies (Python/React/Django) and working directly with a development team;
- Technical knowledge that allows among others navigating tech debt and helping dev team successfully estimate;
- Being able to extract, understand business requirements, and re-formulate client problems into feasible and achievable solutions;
- Experience in Product management;
- Practical knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies and project management tools - you will manage backlog day to day and provide user stories to the dev team;
- Excellent social skills to facilitate productive meetings with tech and non-tech stakeholders;
- Excellent written and spoken English (C1). Polish is NOT required;
- Valid ID Card or Passport;
- Alignment with the Appsilon values, core purpose, and the Code of Conduct;
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Manage complex projects for corporate clients (Fortune 500) with 5-8 developers in a team
- Advise our clients on the project scope and project roadmap, define priorities, set the timeframes for sprints, manage risks
- Boost team member productivity by improving methods of work, managing scope, asking the right questions, contacting the right persons together, etc
- Liaise between the client and Tech Team throughout the project to ensure mutual satisfaction, client success, and smooth delivery
- Upsell Appsilon services by building great relationships with the clients and gaining a thorough understanding of their needs and problems
- Ensure our projects have the right people (suggesting who to add to existing projects from the internal pool, participate in tech recruitment, and employer branding).
- Mentor others in the area of project management.
What’s in it for you:
- 14,000-20,000 PLN + VAT on B2B/monthly
- 26 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2022
- +5% of salary in Professional Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- 33 days (paid 80%) per year on B2B when on a sick leave
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshops
- Remote work-first working culture with flexible working hours to adjust to your family life
- Private health care insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance for you and your family
- FitProfit or FitSport membership card (in Poland)
- AskHenry – a personal assistant works great in large Polish cities, elsewhere limited to online support
- Projects that have a real impact on the world. More on https://appsilon.com/data-for-good/
- Opportunity to work with prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
- An opportunity to work with high-profile Fortune 500 clients, including some of the world’s most influential companies. Unlike other software consulting companies, which compete in the red ocean of software development, Appsilon offers scarcely available services, sought after by the largest organizations in the world.
- A bright and friendly English-speaking team with great, non-toxic company culture. Our team members have worked for Google, Microsoft, Bank of America; have earned PhDs and MScs from the best academic institutions worldwide.
- Opportunity to develop yourself as an independent Shiny expert in a data science community
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
- Screening call with Talent Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager
Appsilon is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Does this sound like a great opportunity for you? Use the Apply button below!