Tech Team /
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in actions support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company inspired by a mission to improve our society and environment.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build data applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
Every few months we start completely new projects and dive into a completely new world. One day we learn the secrets of promotions in retail chains, another day we analyze satellite images, and then we get super interesting data from the residential market for analysis. Our projects are not only an opportunity to test our skills in difficult statistical, algorithmic, and technological problems but also an opportunity to learn how many different industries work from the inside.
We are growing fast and that’s why we are now looking for a new R/Shiny Developer to join our team.
- Experience in building advanced Shiny apps, especially for large customers.
- Understanding of limitations of R and Shiny and proposing ideas on how to overcome them. You should have knowledge of advanced mechanisms of Shiny (e.g. bindings, register DataObj, performance, promises, single-threading, etc.) and effectively use it in practice.
- Knowledge of how to scale Shiny to 1000s concurrent users. Contribution to performance optimization on different levels (frontend, backend, infrastructure). Understands the way Shiny uses WebSockets.
- Experience in implementing visually impressive apps independently from a Graphic Designer
- Experience in extending Shiny apps with advanced functionalities e.g. using custom bindings, JS events in Shiny, JS-Shiny communication, Web Components, etc.
- Experience in delivering solutions known for high quality thanks to well balanced test pyramid.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English.
What we expect from you:
- If you don’t know R/Shiny now - openness and willingness to learn
- Implementing visually attractive apps based on the input from the UX/UI Designer
- Experience in using unit testing as a natural technique for improving your code structure. Automates other tests such as end-to-end or performance tests
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- You have a valid passport or ID Card
What’s in it for you:
- Up to 22.000 PLN/month +VAT on a B2B contract ($5400/month)
- 26 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2022
- +5% of salary in Professional Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- 33 days (paid 80%) per year on B2B when on a sick leave
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshops
- Remote work-first working culture with flexible working hours to adjust to your family life
- Private health care insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance for you and your family
- FitProfit or FitSport membership card (in Poland)
- AskHenry – a personal assistant works great in large Polish cities, elsewhere limited to online support
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
- Opportunity to develop yourself as an independent Shiny expert in a data science community
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
- Screening call
- Home assignment
- Tech and Culture Fit Interview (we cherish our values, you can read about it more here: https://appsilon.com/careers/).
Appsilon is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Does this sound like a great opportunity for you? Use the Apply button below!