Infrastructure Engineer (Junior)
Tech Team /
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in actions support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company inspired by a mission to improve our society and environment.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build data applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
Why do we need you
We are searching for an exceptional Infrastructure Engineer with a passion for automation and solution architecture to join our team at Appsilon. We are a company that specializes in creating advanced analytical applications for some of the world's largest and most reputable organizations. As an Infrastructure Engineer at Appsilon, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and make an impact in the field of data science. If you are resourceful and passionate about tackling complex problems head-on, this role is for you!
Why Appsilon is a good place for you
- We offer attractive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being
- Open, kind, and understanding internal culture
- You will be supported by a direct manager who will introduce you to the company and help you choose the right path to develop yourself
- High impact on the work of the whole company
- You will build, automate and maintain environments for projects used by Fortune 500 companies
- We have an amazing multicultural team, ready to support you
- Your solutions will be used at impactful organizations
- We have culture based on learning and experiments
- No bureaucracy!
In addition, we offer:
- 9000 - 11000 + VAT PLN/B2B
- 26 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2022
- +5% of salary in Professional Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- 33 days (paid 80%) per year on B2B when on a sick leave
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshops
- Remote work-first working culture with flexible working hours to adjust to your family life
- Private health care insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance for you and your family
- FitProfit or FitSport membership card (in Poland)
- AskHenry – a personal assistant works great in large Polish cities, elsewhere limited to online support
- We will provide you with a MacBook and additional accessories for your computer to make your work even more efficient and comfortable.
- Build, automate, and maintain environments for projects used by Fortune 500 companies
- Deploy and configure tools used for data analysis, dashboards, and machine learning
- Configure, maintain, and support cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Automate processes (CI/CD, Ansible, Terraform)
- Communicating and documenting architectural research and decisions
- Collaborate with other teams and offer domain knowledge
- Occasionally helping the team or customer in on-call mode or in non-standard hours.
- Working in Scrum/Kanban
- Completed computer science studies or 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English (minimum C1 spoken and written)
- Basic knowledge of AWS or other cloud providers (Azure, GCP/Google Cloud, VM/cloud)
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Puppet, Pulumi, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, Packer, or similar)
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Hands-on experience with Git or SVN
- General understanding of computer networks (DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, firewalls)
- Partial overlap with Poland/CE(S)T time zone
- Valid Passport outside of the EU and/or valid ID within the EU
Nice to Have:
- Experience with remote work and remote-first culture
- AWS/Azure certification (AWS preferred)
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and/or container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
Personality Attributes We Value:
- Well-organized, self-motivated, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Proactive and driven, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills
Within 3 Months You’ll…
- Get hands-on on our internal infrastructure and work on improving our cloud environments
- Familiarize with IaaC and CI/CD tools used internally
- Start your first steps to achieve a Cloud certification
- Shadow our engineers and support new and existing projects
- Support our developers with their technical issues in multiple environments and configurations
Within 6 Months You’ll…
- Be an independent engineer in new projects (never alone!)
- Support other teams with your domain knowledge
- Continue building your cloud certification path
- Start exploring new technologies that could help improve our internal infrastructure
- Take point in internal technological initiatives, and own solutions
- Be an integral part of the team, helping shape it’s path
- Automate, automate, automate!
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
1. Screening call with Recruiter
2. Recruitment Task
3. Technical Interview
4. Final Interview with Hiring Manager
Appsilon is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Does this sound like a great opportunity for you? Use the Apply button below!