R/Shiny Developer - South America
Tech Team /
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in actions support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company inspired by a mission to improve our society and environment.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build data applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
Every few months we start completely new projects and dive into a completely new world. One day we learn the secrets of promotions in retail chains, another day we analyze satellite images, and then we get super interesting data from the residential market for analysis. Our projects are not only an opportunity to test our skills in difficult statistical, algorithmic, and technological problems but also an opportunity to learn how many different industries work from the inside.
We are growing fast and that’s why we are now looking for a new Senior R/Shiny Developer to join our team. We are looking for R/Shiny Developers to join our team located in South America. We currently have two Shiny Developers there and our goal is to create a permanent team that will work with our clients in that time zone.
At Appsilon, you can expect a flat organizational structure. There are currently 30 of us in a tech team, and each person has their own specialization, so the selection of projects and people who work on client tasks is flexible and depends on who has time to take on additional tasks at any given moment. We have other R/Shiny specialists, Frontend Developers, Fullstacks and DevOps in our team - you will have the opportunity to meet and work with each of them.
We are looking for a specialist whose experience and knowledge will enrich our team and allow us to take new, previously unknown directions.
Basic tasks will include:
- Creating, maintaining, and developing R/Shiny applications for enterprise customers all over the world
- Providing scalability, security, and modern UI/UX with custom R packages
- Analyzing and visualizing data from various industries
- Developing & scale Shiny apps for enterprise customers that are capable of thousands of simultaneous users and can operate on a distributed infrastructure
- Creating useful and professional open-source R/Shiny packages and custom internal tooling
- Hosting workshops and creating tutorials with other team members to teach others what we’ve learned
You are good for this role if you:
- Have experience with R programming and building interactive R/Shiny applications
- You have good examples of improving performance of Shiny projects (optimizing server code, JS, promises)
- You’re familiar with Git
- You know limitations of R and Shiny and propose ideas how to overcome them
- You can work as an independent consultant in medium-sized projects or advisor for other developers;
- You have proven track of end-to-end testing of their Shiny apps
- Your English is on B2/C1 level
What’s in it for you:
- Up to $5300 on a B2B contract/monthly
- 26 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2021
- +5% of salary in Personal Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshop
- Private health care insurance (in Poland) or equivalent
- Projects that have a real impact on the world. More on https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
- Opportunity to develop yourself as an independent Shiny expert in a data science community
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
- Screening call with Talent Manager
- Home assignment
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Culture Fit Interview (we cherish our values, you can read about it more here: https://appsilon.com/careers/)
Appsilon is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Does this sound like a great opportunity for you? Use the Apply button below!