Data Protection Advisor
Remote (North America) /
Aptible helps create a more trustworthy internet by improving data security and compliance. We make it simple for modern businesses to manage compliance so that they can build customer trust.
We wrote the Aptible Owner's Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We've now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
We’re looking for a Data Protection Advisor to help our customers design, operate, and audit their information security management programs with Aptible. In this role, you'll also work closely with our Product Team to design Aptible Comply, our Marketing Team to acquire customers, and our Security Team to run Aptible's own internal compliance operations.
- You’ll help Aptible run its own security and privacy operations, including our yearly internal SOC 2, ISO 27001, and HITRUST Audits.
- You’ll establish relationships with CTOs, CISOs, and VPs of Security and other key customer stakeholders, making sure they feel supported as they onboard and get acquainted with Aptible Comply. You'll advise them on their security and compliance obligations, and give them concrete recommendations to increase their trustworthiness.
- You’ll serve as the voice of our customers, delivering subject matter insights and constructive feedback to our Product Team to inform the development of Aptible Comply.
- You’ll drive new customers to Aptible by drafting external-facing blog posts, newsletters, and compliance guides — establishing yourself as the public face of expertise at Aptible.
- Security Standards & Data Privacy Experience: You've had significant hands-on involvement with one or more of the following: SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI, FedRAMP. Bonus (Not Required): You also have a CIPP/E or CISSP Certification, or a desire to obtain one.
- Client Services Skills: You're committed to delivering excellence in every client interaction. You have experience leading and developing work product for external or internal clients.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You have experience explaining complex concepts and drafting clear communications. You have experience drafting easy-to-understand content (e.g. public-facing posts) on security and privacy topics.
- Project Management Skills: You have experience running several projects at once, and have worked collaboratively with cross-functional internal stakeholders and/or external clients.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with an Aptible Team Member (30 Minutes via Zoom)
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with the Hiring Manager (45 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.)
4) One or two discussion-Based Interviews with Aptible Team Members (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you'd do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.