Sales Development Representative
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to help generate new business for Aptible.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team, while learning the skills necessary for a successful career in Client Success and Sales. Reporting directly to our VP of Sales, you will be responsible for building and executing the foundational processes to evaluate and identify prospective clients at Aptible.
It’s true: Software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy healthcare, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture. Today, we have two products: Enclave and Gridiron.
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries. Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks + TurboTax for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
The Sales Development Representative will focus mostly on Gridiron, but will have visibility into both products and contribute broadly to the Aptible Team.
What You'll Do
- You’ll evaluate inbound leads by interacting with CEOs, COOs, CTOs and other key client partners, and learning about how they think about Information Security and Compliance.
- You’ll identify new outbound leads and prospective clients by conducting market research, and creating a compelling value proposition for them to use Aptible.
- You’ll collaborate with the Growth Team to optimize the lead generation process and drive operational excellence within the Sales Team.
About You: Strengths
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You enjoy interacting with people via phone/email to articulate ideas and gain their trust, and have experience drafting clear communications that demonstrate attention to detail.
- Project Management Skills: You have experience running several projects at once in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, taking initiative to move projects forward and deliver results on time.
- Work Ethic: You have a track record of personal accountability, and a high standard of integrity and professionalism. You’ve demonstrated resilience and a desire to succeed in the face of new and/or unforeseen challenges.
- Bonus Experience (Not Required): Cold-Calling and Cold-Emailing, Salesforce or Other CRM Software
About You: Other Attributes
- Ownership Mentality: You take ownership, responsibility, and initiative. You have a track record of consistently delivering impactful, high-quality work on time.
- People-Oriented: You’re excited to work with a small group of high-performers. You foster collaboration, build trust, and support information sharing with colleagues.
- Love for Learning: You’re looking for an environment that challenges you to gain new knowledge and grow professionally every day. You’re adaptable in the face of change.
- Appetite for Remote Work: You’re ready to work with a fully distributed team, communicating asynchronously, deliberately, and openly across time zones and cultures.
- Passion for Internet Security: You want to create a more secure Internet, and are excited to help innovative companies solve their hardest engineering and regulatory problems.
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing! It’s also pretty fun. You’ll learn a lot about Security, Compliance, DevOps, and SaaS.
- You’ll feel invested in your work and make an impact. We’re highly transparent internally with business strategy, important decisions, and our failures and successes.
- You’ll help build a business for the long-term and invest in a sustainable business model. We’re backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job.
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Barcelona, Mexico, and New York. Next Up: Paris?
- Commitment: Full-Time
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Competitive Salary, Equity, Health Benefits, Flexible Paid Time Off
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.