Technical Account Manager
Remote (PT through ET Time Zones) /
Customer Success /
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner's Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We've now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
It’s an exciting time at Aptible as we grow and expand our customer base. In this role, we are looking for an experienced technical account manager to help us define how to manage customers of our Deploy Product. This is a brand new role that will collaborate with the Director of Customer Success on defining what success looks like for these customers. The Deploy Product is growing quickly and we are looking to move into new markets and new segments. Top candidates will be able to grow and adapt to the needs of these new customers. If you are interested in defining Deploy customer success, working cross functionally with Aptible teams, and ensuring top-notch customer satisfaction, this role is for you.
- Proactively ensure that the Top 30 Deploy customers (by revenue) have a singular point of contact and escalation at Aptible
- Ensure each of these 30 customers have at minimum, a monthly touch point setup
- Hit 110% net dollar retention (Renewal + Expansion) with a stretch goal of 150%
- Reactively ensure all Deploy customers are taken care of through Zendesk as the first line of defense with the CRE team as an escalation point
- 3 or more years of previous experience in a Customer Success, Account Management, or Technical Account Management role
- Experience working with Mid-Market, Enterprise, or Strategic Customers
- Comfortable negotiating $100k and above contracts
- Technical background with experience in infrastructure or software development
- Compelling yet concise communication skills with the ability to build strong customer relationships through virtual and written interactions
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom)
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.)
4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you'd do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.