Senior Full-stack Engineer
Are you a full-stack engineer looking for a challenge? Do you want to have a high degree of ownership in your work? Do you want to work with a small but ambitious, highly technical team?
We are looking for experienced software engineers to help build simple, beautiful, intuitive tools for complicated problems.
It's true: software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy health care, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture:
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries.
Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
This role is a full-stack role that will initially focus mostly on Gridiron, however you will have the opportunity to work on both products.
In this role, you will:
- Build new Gridiron features that make it the best security management platform for developer teams.
- Build tools to improve how Gridiron organizes and manages customer security data.
- Improve and extend the core Gridiron data model.
- Build tools that help customers visualize and improve their security posture.
- Automate and integrations with third-party tools.
You might be a good fit for this role if:
- You have extensive experience building ambitious web applications using modern libraries or frameworks.
- You have experience with continuous integration, automated tests, and build processes.
- You are design-minded, have excellent taste, and are detail-oriented.
You might be a good fit for Aptible if:
- You think Internet security is important.
- You prefer to work with a small group of high performers.
- You are a deliberate communicator, and value good communication.
- You are self-directed and comfortable with autonomy and responsibility.
- You are ready to work remotely, communicating asynchronously across time zones and cultures.
- You love learning, and want to grow professionally.
Why you should work at Aptible:
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing!
- It’s also pretty fun!
- You will learn a lot about security, compliance, DevOps, and SaaS. We work very closely, collaborating across the company and teaching each other.
- You will get to work with customers doing really cool things.
- You will feel invested in your work: We are highly internally transparent with business strategy, successes and failures, and management decisions. You will have a direct impact on success, and whether we achieve our goals.
- You will help us build a business for the long term, investing in a sustainable business model and building trust with our customers through transparency and visibility.
- We are backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job.
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Mexico, San Diego, Brooklyn, Barcelona, Denver, and Ann Arbor/Detroit. Next up: Paris? Iceland?
- A+ benefits.
- Mandatory vacation.
Please be sure to include a cover letter or note explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for this role.