Web Security Evangelist
Do you like thinking, writing, and teaching others about Internet security? Have you worked as a software engineer?
Aptible is hiring an expert in web security and software development to help make the Internet safe for sensitive data.
It's true: software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy health care, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture:
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries.
Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
This role involves working on both product and growth/marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Help design Gridiron security control schemas for integrations with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and many other IaaS and SaaS providers that our customers use every day
- Develop clear, sane, easily understood policies and training content for customers
- Iterate and improve on the core risk API that powers all of Gridiron
- Work closely with designers and engineers to imagine and build new Gridiron features
- Help us spread awareness about security, DevOps, compliance in the software development community by designing and building security guides, courses, webinars, and tools
You might be a good fit for this role if:
- You have a professional background related to software development
- You like to think and write about security on the Internet and in software development, especially practical security
- You have hands-on experience with at least one major information security framework (HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27001, SOC 2, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- You have excellent writing skills and a sense of humor (dank memes accepted)
You might be a good fit for Aptible if:
- You think Internet security is important
- You prefer to work with a small group of high performers
- You are a deliberate communicator, and value good communication
- You’re self-directed and comfortable with autonomy and responsibility
- You’re ready to work remotely, communicating asynchronously across time zones and cultures
- You love learning, and want to grow professionally
Why you should work at Aptible:
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing!
- It’s also pretty fun!
- You will learn a lot about security, compliance, DevOps, and SaaS. We work very closely, collaborating across the company and teaching each other.
- You will get to work with customers doing really cool things
- You will feel invested in your work: We are highly internally transparent with business strategy, successes and failures, and management decisions. You will have a direct impact on success, and whether we achieve our goals.
- You will help us build a business for the long term, investing in a sustainable business model and building trust with our customers through transparency and visibility
- We are backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Mexico, San Diego, Brooklyn, Barcelona, Denver, and Ann Arbor/Detroit. Next up: Paris? Iceland?
- A+ benefits
- Mandatory vacation
Please be sure to include a cover letter and samples of previous work that demonstrate why you will be a good fit for this role.