Remote (North America) /
People Operations /
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner's Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We've now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
We’re seeking a Recruiter to help us find, engage, inspire, and support members of the Aptible Team. This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of Aptible, and to lay the foundations for Recruiting as we approach a Series B. Reporting directly to our VP of People Operations, you will work cross-functionally to build a diverse team of talented people who accomplish great things together.
- You'll help us grow the Aptible Team from 55 to 100+ Employees in the next 12-18 Months.
- You’ll partner with Hiring Managers to understand their goals and our business needs, and determine when and how to grow the Aptible Team.
- You'll partner with Hiring Managers to define the potential impact and desired strengths of candidates for each role.
- You'll identify, reach out to, and engage qualified candidates, with the goal of inspiring their interest in opportunities at Aptible.
- You'll build our presence on a variety of platforms, with the goal of attracting and motivating qualified candidates to apply for opportunities at Aptible.
- You'll coordinate and enable meaningful conversations between candidates and members of the Aptible Team.
- You’ll act as an advocate for candidates, seeking to understand their goals and supporting them in their decision-making process.
- You'll monitor and maintain the health of our pipelines, and share timely updates on this with internal stakeholders.
- You'll seek opportunities to improve our Recruiting Operations and deliver an exemplary experience for our candidates.
- Relevant Professional Experience: You’ve partnered closely with hiring managers to build talented, diverse teams across multiple job functions.
- Sourcing Skills: You have experience writing boolean strings in LinkedIn to identify qualified candidates for Technical and Non-Technical roles.
- Recruiting Process Design Skills: You have experience building processes from intake to close, and know how to drive their successful implementation and adoption (while documenting them well).
- Project Management Skills: You have experience owning 8+ requisitions at once in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, taking initiative to move projects forward and deliver results on time.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You enjoy actively listening to and communicating with people to understand their needs and gain their trust. You have experience drafting clear communications that demonstrate discretion, good judgement, and attention to detail.
- Data Orientedness: You seek to understand and improve the efficacy of your work by analyzing data and iterating on your processes based on your findings.
- Work Ethic: You have a track record of personal accountability, and a high standard of integrity and professionalism. You’ve demonstrated resilience and a desire to succeed in the face of new and/or unforeseen challenges.
- Passion for People: You enjoy building relationships with candidates and colleagues — consulting with, coaching, mentoring them — to influence change and action.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom)
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.)
4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you'd do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.