Remote (North America) /
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner's Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We've now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
We're looking for an experienced SDR Manager to help us improve our ability to drive quality engagement with our target accounts. This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of Aptible and to lay the foundations of our Sales Development efforts. Partnering closely with our Demand Generation and Revenue Operations Teams, you will manage our small but high performing team of SDRs, and drive all prospecting activity across our SDR and AE Teams. You'll assume direct responsibility for the success of our inbound and outbound campaigns, deepening our engagement with our target accounts and other relevant accounts. Moving forward, you'll guide the SDR Team to also work on prospecting into free tier and self-service accounts that would benefit by increasing their usage of our platform.
- Near Term: Your initial focus will be to help the Demand Generation, Revenue Operations, and Sales Teams to organize and improve prospecting activity.
- You'll develop quality sequences that are true to the Aptible voice and tone, utilize our messaging, and provide adequate opportunities for customization. You'll create these sequences — writing email copy, creating social touches, and drafting phone/voicemail scripts — so we can cover a variety of situations (reacting to behavior, re-engagement, cold outbound, etc.), constantly refreshing content on a periodic basis. AEs and SDRs alike will utilize your work to improve target account engagement.
- You'll help our team break into some of our top targets by smartly engaging multiple contacts, utilizing the intent data and enrichment data we deliver into Salesforce.
- You'll lead our SDR Team on developing processes to engage free tier/trial users, driving opportunities to help customers extend their benefits and driving further growth.
- You'll manage our two SDRs, helping to coach them and grow their ability to engage with prospects. You'll develop your ability to coach and supervise in a remote work environment, given both the current Covid-19 environment and Aptible's enduring commitment to remote work.
- You'll develop clear and regular reporting on prospecting progress, highlighting activity levels, showing an increasing level of effective activity and success outputs.
- Medium Term: Once you've created a repeatable process around our prospecting and managing inbound leads, you'll focus on developing our SDR talent further to drive improved prospecting outcomes.
- You'll extend the SDR Team's ability to prospect into existing free tier/trial users, through smart analysis of engagement data and the creation of processes that react to user activity.
- You'll develop processes that drive and test SDR learning around Aptible, our market, our customers, our products, our processes and tools, and sales fundamentals, especially in preparation for scaling our team.
- You'll ensure that SDRs account for a growing proportion of outbound prospecting, enabling AEs to focus on closing deals rather than prospecting (although we do expect AEs to source their own opportunities, as well).
- Long Term: We are able to profitably scale our SDR Team, and have established career paths, hiring, ramping, and regular training processes in place.
- Sales Copywriting Expertise: You are creative with respect to your approach to creating sequences, but are able to stay within Aptible tone and voice, and will defer to our messaging canon. You write short emails (<150 Words) and have significant expertise in using multiple channels (e.g. email, social, phone, etc.) to engage prospects.
- Sales Ops Experience: You are adept at setting up Outreach sequences, and reviewing results to determine best practices that can be generalized throughout the team. Your Salesforce reports are clear and actionable for their intended audience.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: You use data — both prospect and activity data — to drive your decision making. You favor results over hunches, and where you can't run A/B tests, you have reference published sales studies to help you make decisions.
- SDR Management Track Record: You have successfully managed and grown an SDR Team, having developed a career trajectory, hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training programs to ensure SDRs are consistently improving. You determine quota in consultation with company leadership and drive performance reviews, and are responsible for growing and managing the team.
- Deep Knowledge of Sales and Prospecting Best Practices. Sales prospecting and outbound are constantly changing, and you are continuously learning and able to teach and evangelize what works best. You're likely a voracious reader on sales: Some of our own favorites include: Fanatical Prospecting, Leading Sales Development, Cracking the Sales Management Code, and The Sales Acceleration Formula.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom)
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.)
4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you'd do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.