Demand Generation Manager
Remote (North America)
Growth & Marketing
We're looking for a Demand Generation Manager to build the machine that generates a robust pipeline of sales leads for Aptible.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. Reporting directly to our VP of Growth, you'll be responsible for helping to expand Aptible’s marketing presence through optimized strategy and cutting-edge tools.
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.
Commitment to the Team
We're passionate about building a diverse team of talented people who accomplish great things together, regardless of where they are. We talk a lot about the science of high-performing teams and how to make Aptible the best environment to support that kind of team. If you love the mutual support and camaraderie of a strong team that wins together, we want to hear from you.
Commitment to Each Other
We commit to each other as individuals, one on one. We measure our commitments carefully and hold each other accountable, which means we’re able to deliver more for our colleagues and customers in the long run. We set only a few very clear, ambitious goals as a company each quarter, and talk about them constantly to reinforce focus. We make time to recognize, praise, and reward those who consistently deliver on their promises.
Commitment to The Mission
Startups are hard, and we expect challenges and missteps. We love winning, but most of all, we value getting back up and getting better at what we do. We are deeply motivated to build trust on the internet by empowering teams, and we respect grit and perseverance in furtherance of that mission.
Growth Over Perfection
We fail often and early, and learn from it. We talk about improving constantly. We praise those who give feedback early and often. We put effort into being good at giving feedback: When we give feedback, we make each other feel big, not small. This helps create an environment where we can take reasonable risks, which in turn helps us make decisions quickly and learn fast. We expect managers to delegate a lot, and acknowledge that delegation means sometimes letting someone make what you think is the wrong decision.
Teaching as Learning
We are a team of learners. We value and respect teaching as the best way to learn, and make time to share information openly. We set explicit goals around training, and devote resources to developing and improving our internal training. We praise those who share knowledge in public — by asking and answering questions in team chat, writing documentation, and writing for our customers.
Taking Responsibility Over Giving Responsibility
Identifying problems is a good start, but we love solving them more. We think and talk a lot about how we can improve, and work hard at it. We value and reward those who take initiative. We don't like meetings where we only talk about problems.
We ask “why?” a lot in order to understand root causes. Asking why helps us cultivate focus and make high-quality decisions quickly. We don't attribute mistakes to human error. We view them as a starting point for an inquiry, not the end.
- Your First 3 Months
- You'll work with our Product Marketing Team to define our acquisition strategy. Starting with a deep understanding of our customers and prospects, you'll define a strategy that educates our prospects, is compatible with our brand, and yields qualified opportunities.
- You'll work with our Sales Team to lead the creation, implementation, and testing of educational engagement and nurture omnichannel sequences for our inbound and outbound leads, demonstrating improvement in conversion to opportunity.
- You'll work with our Product Marketing Team to own our advertising strategy, including: SEM, ABM, Retargeting, and Social.
- You'll work with our Product Marketing Team to manage our marketing automation platform and related tools. You'll create, administer, and QA nurture campaigns, email sends, lead scoring, and distribution.
- You'll measure and report all demand generation efforts against key metrics (i.e. MQLs and opportunities).
- Your First 12 Months
- You'll own our conversion rate optimization and testing strategy across the funnel.
- You'll create a target list to help us build out our ABM approach.
- You'll experiment with newer demand generation tools and techniques (e.g. Terminus).
- You'll help us grow our Marketing Team.
- Demand Generation Strategy: You have 3-5+ Years of experience defining and managing demand generation strategies, working closely with Sales to hit a qualified lead/opportunity metric.
- Copywriting: You have 2-3+ Years of experience copywriting inbound and outbound emails, ad create, and landing pages.
- SEO Strategy: You have 2-3+ Years of experience defining and managing SEO strategies.
- Paid Advertising: You have 2-3+ Years of experience managing Google AdWords and Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter Ads.
- Marketing Automation: You have 2-3+ Years of experience with Marketo, Pardot, or Eloqua — including segmentation, nurture sequences, automations, and email campaigns.
- B2B SaaS Marketing: You have 2-3+ Years of experience in B2B SaaS Marketing, preferably at an early- to late- stage startup.
- Reporting: You have expertise in Salesforce, Marketo / Marketing Automation, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords.
- Detail Orientedness: You know how to identify where a process is brittle or prone to error. You build checks into your analyses, and have experience working in a role where you were responsible for giving attention to detail.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 12 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.