Remote (PT through ET Time Zones) /
Business Operations /
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner's Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We've now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to help us maintain and grow our financial operations, focusing on the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions. Reporting to our Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be the front line for internal and external questions from most of our stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, analytical, dependable, and will thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ownership of the accounts receivables activities, including follow-up inquiries from customers, collecting past due accounts, and managing general ledger functions
- Process AP, ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices and maintenance of accurate records
- Develop and assist in the monthly close process, recording activity and reconciling accounts
- Continuously improve accounting, reporting, cash management, and financial planning systems, processes, and policies
- Provide basic updates to our financial model as well as managing forecasting
- Other finance or accounting projects as needed, including systems implementations and integrations
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a general finance role, preferably at a SaaS company
- Accounting degree and/or designation (CPA preferred)
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping, AR/AP processes, and full-cycle accounting
- Strong analytical skills and fluency working with tools including but not limited to, Excel, QuickBooks Online and expense applications, etc
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams
- Detail oriented and able to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to scale expertise and management skills as the company grows
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Recruiter (30 Minutes via Zoom)
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with the Hiring Manager (30-45 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you'd do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.