Director of Operations
Are you looking for a challenge? Do you want to feel invested in your work? Do you have experience building a high-growth, recurring revenue business?
Aptible is hiring an operations leader to help us build a safer Internet for sensitive data.
It's true: Software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy health care, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture:
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries.
Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Aptible's CEO, CTO, and growth team to measure and drive critical growth and scaling
- Lead Aptible's daily business operations, such as budgeting, payroll, and treasury management
- Lead financial modeling and analysis: Help us understand and predict our capital needs, define key business milestones, and measure + improve key metrics
- Coordinate security, compliance, and auditing processes like pen testing and certification audits
- Help the Aptible executive team recruit, hire, and retain an amazing, world-class team
- Coordinate customer retention activities, such as check-ins and roadmap/feedback sessions
- Work with customers, consultants, vendors, and services we integrate with to build our partnership program
You might be a good fit for this role if:
- You have operational experience helping an executive team measure and drive growth in a recurring revenue business
- You have excellent judgment of how to balance between immediate results and investments in process, and of when to re-evaluate that balance
- You have hands-on experience leading in an ops role for 5+ years (this should not be your first rodeo)
- You have experience in customer-focused product management
- You have an MBA or JD
- You're considering starting a startup someday, but would like more experience before becoming a founder yourself
You might be a good fit for Aptible if:
- You think having a safe, private Internet is important
- You prefer to work with a small group of high performers, relative to the scope of our customer/revenue base
- You are a deliberate communicator, and value good communication
- You’re self-directed and comfortable with autonomy and responsibility
- You’re ready to work remotely, communicating asynchronously across time zones and cultures
- You love learning, and want to grow professionally
Why you should work at Aptible:
- Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing!
- It’s also pretty fun!
- You will learn a lot about security, compliance, DevOps, and SaaS. We work very closely, collaborating across the company and teaching each other.
- You will get to work with customers doing really cool things
- You will feel invested in your work: We are highly internally transparent with business strategy, successes and failures, and management decisions. You will have a direct impact on success, and whether we achieve our goals.
- You will help us build a business for the long term, investing in a sustainable business model and building trust with our customers through transparency and visibility
- We are backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job
- Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Mexico, San Diego, Brooklyn, Barcelona, Denver, and Ann Arbor/Detroit. Next up: Paris? Iceland?
- A+ benefits
- Mandatory vacation
Please be sure to include a cover letter that explains why you will be a good fit for this role.