Customer Reliability Engineer
Engineering & Design
We're looking for a Customer Reliability Engineer to help deliver a customer experience unlike any other hosting provider.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. As Customer Reliability Engineer, you'll engage directly with Aptible customers and prospects, answering their technical questions and developing solutions that help them make the most of Aptible Enclave, or convince them to deploy on Enclave.
Who We Are
Our mission is to build trust on the internet. We do this by empowering innovative teams to build strong data protection programs and become trustworthy custodians of sensitive data.
What We Believe
We believe building trust is essential to unleashing the internet’s transformative potential: A global internet based on strong trust can build communities, reshape economies, and improve the lives of billions around the world. We are starting with security and privacy. Data, such as personal data, is increasingly sensitive and risky to handle.
What if data breaches on the internet weren’t common?
What if every team knew how good they were at security before a breach?
What if every team knew how much time, money, and people they should invest in security?
What if every engineering team had access to great DevOps security?
What We Prioritize
Customer Empowerment Over Customer Happiness
We think of customer success in terms of empowerment and growth through self-improvement, which makes it easy to have a deep passion and investment in that success. We want to see our customers grow into mature teams that are excellent at protecting data. This is true across Aptible, not just product and support: In our marketing, we’re more likely to give away knowledge than swag. In sales, we always try to answer substantive questions and provide a roadmap for prospects, even if they don’t buy.
Experience and Opinion Over Flexibility
Empowerment and growth as self-improvement also deeply inform how we approach product design and support. We differentiate on legal and technical experience, and bake this knowledge into our products. Aptible is not a black box. Customers use us to offload challenging problems, but they also constantly learn how to better approach these problems as a result of using our software and services.
Leverage Over Effort
As a company, we aim for breadth, impact on a large scale. We want to help thousands of teams, which demands accessibility and simplification without sacrificing impact. With Gridiron, you can launch an enterprise-grade compliance program without a CISO or formal compliance experience. With Enclave, you get the benefits of highly-available, fault-tolerant infrastructure without a DevOps team. For every ounce of effort our customers put into Aptible, we give them pounds of value back, for as long as our relationship lasts.
Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks + TurboTax for information security audits. It helps teams design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and pass audits. Enclave is a container orchestration platform for deploying audit-ready apps and databases that automatically implements the security controls customers need to achieve regulatory compliance and pass audits.
What You'll Do
- You'll work directly with Enclave customers to diagnose and resolve their technical issues
- You'll help Enclave customers and prospects develop solutions for optimally deploying their infrastructure
- You'll work with Aptible product engineers and site reliability engineers to improve the Enclave and Gridiron products
- You'll learn a ton about Linux, AWS, Docker, and many modern web frameworks
About You: Strengths
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You have experience explaining complicated concepts and drafting clear communications, whether you're interacting with customers, prospects or members of the Aptible Team.
- Problem Solving Skills: You have experience analyzing root causes and identifying solutions to problems that we may not have encountered before, or that may be unique to a single customer's application.
- Eagerness to Help Others: You'll have many opportunities each day to make our customers' lives easier and better. You don't need to be an extrovert, but you should enjoy working with and helping other people.
- Software Development Experience: You hold a B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, or have graduated from a coding bootcamp, and/or have equivalent professional experience (shipping code that works).
- Desire to Learn: You are excited to work with Docker, Linux and AWS, and you enjoy learning about modern web frameworks.
What We Value: And hope you'll embrace at Aptible, too.
- Commitment to the Team: We are building an exceptional team by finding exceptional people that care deeply about building exceptional teams, wherever they are.
- Commitment to Each Other: We commit to less, which means we’re able to deliver more for our colleagues and customers.
- Commitment to the Mission: We love winning, but most of all, we value getting back up and getting better at what we do. We respect grit.
- Growth Over Perfection: We help each other improve. When we give feedback, we make each other feel big, not small. This helps us take reasonable risks, which helps us make decisions and learn quickly. We fail often and early, and learn from it.
- Teaching as Learning: We believe that teaching is the best way to learn, and make time to share information openly.
- Constructiveness Over Commiseration: We seek to improve through self-reflection and hard work. We prefer to offer solutions to problems.
- Asking Why: We ask “why?” a lot in order to understand root causes. Asking why helps us cultivate focus and make high-quality decisions quickly.
- Commitment: Full-Time
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Competitive Salary, Equity, Health Benefits, Flexible Paid Time Off
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.