Calibration and Validation Research Scientist
Advanced Engineering – Autonomous Vehicle Technology (R&D)
nuTonomy aims to be the first company in the world to launch an autonomous taxi system, and we are building up an awesome team to make this goal a reality. We are developing the first-of-its-kind complete solution for providing point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles. This includes software for autonomous vehicles, smartphone-based ride hailing, fleet management, and teleoperation. The company's software has been tested extensively on public roads in the U.S. and Singapore. We offer a unique opportunity to work closely with experts from a wide array of backgrounds, to create ground-breaking technology with potential for huge impact. As a member of a fast-growing start-up, you will be able to make a large contribution to the final product. For more information about nuTonomy, visit: www.nutonomy.com
We are seeking a highly talented Research Scientist focused on Calibration and Validation to support a variety of teams.
What you’ll work on:
- In this role, you would work closely with experts of other sensor modalities to build a fully-integrated perception system, as well as experts in planning and control to “close the loop” on actual robots.
- To support your work, you will be able to use a state-of-the-art scalable computing, simulation, and testing environment, which allows a quick transition of your ideas from prototype to vehicles on the road.
- You will also be expected to mentor junior colleagues.
- Lastly, you will join an awesome group of motivated colleagues, both industry professionals as well as leading researchers from academia, who like to approach problems with both creativity and rigor, to push beyond the state of the art.
- Extensive experience of one or more of the following:
- Geometric computer-vision such as SLAM, optical-flow and stereo.
- Sensor fusion (RGB, depth, radar, sonar, inertial...)
- Least squares estimation
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- Radar sensor software development
- Lidar sensor & software development
- Camera sensor & software development
- Perception algorithms (all types and flavors)
- Extensive experience in robot perception and vision research & development
- Expertise implementing vision & perception algorithms and deploying on real-world systems
- Creative and out of the box thinking
Education and experience:
- Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field.
- Experience working on real robots
- Experience with simulation environments
- Excellent C/C++ development skills on Linux platform
- Experience developing software as part of a team
- Experience with ROS or similar platform
- Experience in automotive or other real-time and embedded systems.
- Experience with temporal data-association, tracking, etc.
- Experience with formal software development methods.
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (ICRA, IROS, RSS...)