Autonomous Driving Product and Process Quality Assurance Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Software
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
The AD Product and Process Quality Assurance Engineers play a key role in making AMoD application a reality as we expand our global footprint. This person will apply real-time applications (RTAs) to our products.
What You'll Do:
- Improve and adapt QMS for AMoD to reflect fast paced dynamic projects
- Mentor and educate the team on QMS
- Conduct periodic work product reviews to remain compliant to QMS
- Support the team in the development of project plans and Process Tailoring Activities
- Responsible for maintaining project quality records
- Review the work products for its compliance to technical aspects of product requirement
- Coordinate and track quality assurance activities with SQA team
- Coordinate and schedule Process Audits
- Conduct release audits
- Help project team and close non-conformances
- Conduct Root Cause analysis for defects
- Collect and analyze the Project Metric data
- Assist and encourage the software team in Continuous Process Improvement activities
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development/Testing
- Experience with development process capability maturity models (Automotive SPICE, CMMI)
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (IATF 16949/ ISO 9001)
- Experience working within the Automotive Industry
- Root cause analysis techniques/tools such as 5 Whys, 8D, 3 legged 5 why, Fishbone analysis
- Experience in improving or setting up a QMS system
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.