Perception Research Scientist
Boston, MA, US
Advanced Engineering – Autonomous Vehicle Technology (R&D)
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
We are seeking a talented Perception Research Scientist with hands on expertise in mobile robotics or autonomous vehicle and a deep background in multi-modal robot perception. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from R&D phase through product shipment. Specifically, this individual will be well versed in real time perception algorithms, especially for unstructured scenes, such as public road driving and active safety (ADAS) systems. In this role, you will be responsible for technical road-mapping, identification of goals/milestones and determination of performance metrics.
Education and Experience we want from you:
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in at least one of the fields: sensor fusion, probabilistic perception, object tracking, robotic computer vision
- Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems
- Experience working on robot and/or automotive and/or aerospace
- Experience with simulation environments
- Excellent C/C++ development skills on Linux platform
- Experience developing software as part of a team
Skills and traits you will likely already have:
- Radar sensor software development
- LiDAR sensor & software development
- Camera sensor & software development
- Sensor firmware and low level signal processing
- Sensor calibration
- Perception algorithms (all types and flavors)
- Extensive experience in robot perception and vision research & developmentExpertise implementing vision & perception algorithms and deploying on real-world systems
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.