Autonomous Vehicle Release Manager
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Hardware
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
The Vehicle Release Manager will be responsible for the approval and release of the vehicles used as part of the Autonomous Mobility service. This leader will work in tight conjunction with the vehicle platform team to insure that the modifications of the vehicles, both new and existing, result in a safe and reliable product.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the Voice of Safety for the development and release of autonomous vehicle.
- Lead the development of the processes and tools to analyze vehicle safety.
- Assess the proposed changes to a vehicle against the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards surface violations or safety concerns.
- Develop mitigation plans for any proposed vehicle change that could result in a safety or performance concern.
- Develop test plans to verify vehicle safety.
- Implement industry recognized techniques to maintain a safe and reliable vehicle.
- Participate in the vetting and selection of a bespoke vehicle provider from a safety perspective.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 10 years of automotive vehicle related safety work experience required
- Experience with defining vehicle systems with a focus on safety systems
- Working level knowledge with the application of FMVSS regulations and overall impact to vehicle safety
- Excellent Communications Skills (both oral and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to travel
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.